Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a while since i posted 'coz the old big bear has been running perfect! however a slight frame crack issue had me stripping the front plastics etc off to go welding, in the process of removing the oil cooler pipes didn't i go and split the damn thing:icon_ laughup: anyhoo after much swearing i wondered could i just delete the cooler out of the sytem all together, the fan would rarely come on while out and our ambient temperature these days while riding would be between 9-14c (48f-57f)
i reckon all will be good just more regular oil changes needed.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Do not delete the oil cooler. You need it. The reason the fan did not come on much is because of the cooler was doing its job.
If you cannot find a used replacement (ebay should have them), then just buy a automotive transmission cooler and retrofit your cooling fan onto it. Or buy a new fan and swap over the electrical connector.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Have you installed the newer front driveshaft with the cv joints or do you still have the original u-joints driveshaft? The newer front shafts were very prone to stripping on the engine side coupler splines.
If you still have the u-joints, then remove the front shaft to have a look at the front yoke. You may have to remove the yoke to see if the splines are stripped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts