Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this may sound like a dumb question on my bigbear 400 [2002] the cooling fan forces the air from the rear of the bike forward out the front of the oil cooler witch seams totally wrong to me, just thinking that i may have a wiring error? i was hoping that has a similar bike can set me straight cheers bush boy

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm guessing the polaritys is indeed inverted

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
42 Posts
yep, what Vincent said.

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Someone probably installed another fan and got the wires reversed. Is it wired using the stock wiring connector or been changed. Stock connectors prevent reversing, I bet someone cut off the stock connectors for an aftermarket (cheaper) fan.
Switch/reverse the wires as mentioned above.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Your fan is indeed blowing backwards.

Could be one of 2 things. Someone installed a non-OEM fan motor and have it wired backwards or the non-OEM fan blades are pushers, not pullers.

If it's the stock OEM fan motor, something must of happened at some point in history for it to be blowing backwards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a big thanks for all your reply's i had a look today and wiring is switched ! going off the wiring colour that is,[black to blue] [blue to black] it is a denso fan and the connectors appear to be factory. so i am thinking that the fan may have being replaced with the wrong one sometime in it,s life or a factory stuff up at the connectors. Anyway there is some numbers on it and i will cross check with the parts list out of interest
cheers bush boy downunder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts