Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 350 4x4 and my oil cooling fan isnt working. I had a ground wire burn all the way from the front to the back in the main wiring harness. i replaced the burnt ground wires, and put a new stator and cdi unit on. But now my oil temp light is on and my fan isnt working. So my question is if i were to run my fan using a toggle switch is there a way to tell if my oil is being sent through the cooler in other words i need to make sure the oil pump is working right.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Most quads have a oil pressure gallery bolt, typically on the cylinder head. Start thr machine and slightly loosen the bolt, and if oil seeps out, then the pump works. If the cooler lones are connected, then it should be pumping through them too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
You'll know if the oil pump isn't pumping. Your crank bearings would last about several minutes before the engine starts knocking. Camshaft failure would follow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You'll know if the oil pump isn't pumping. Your crank bearings would last about several minutes before the engine starts knocking. Camshaft failure would follow.
And a worn cylinder with lots of smoke!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts