Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Grizz and I have been using a Yammie oil filter since I got a deal on 6 of 'em. Now I've run out and want to do an oil change and Yammie is much more than Wix but the Wix site suggests a 57040 for a 2016 Grizz but a 51358 for a 2017 Wolverine................. same motor no? The 51358 is half the cost of a 57040...........will the 51358 fit????????????????

Thanx,

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I have a 2016 Grizz and I have been using a Yammie oil filter since I got a deal on 6 of 'em. Now I've run out and want to do an oil change and Yammie is much more than Wix but the Wix site suggests a 57040 for a 2016 Grizz but a 51358 for a 2017 Wolverine................. same motor no? The 51358 is half the cost of a 57040...........will the 51358 fit????????????????

Thanx,[/QUOTE The Wolverine takes the same filter as the grizz but is longer than the low profile filter of the grizz, I use the longer wolverine filter on my grizz, that is why you see the two different part numbers for the filter for the same engine. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Here are screenshots of the technical data for you to make an informed decision for yourself. The threading is the same (would have to be), diameters are miniscule different though. Seems like griz7 already confirmed the longer one has room on the grizz as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've always been a fan of the hiflo filtro's for my atvs and dirt bikes but its hard to find one for my 2014 sometimes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use tusk from gnarlyparts in both my grizz and kx250f, good price and seem like great quality!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I use OEM always but I like to over pay for stuff

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I had good luck with the fram one from walmart for my 660 so far so good not sure if they carry one for urs or not

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
175 Posts
U use the K&N on all me ATV's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts