Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
71EFC92B-6EF5-4658-8743-FA25018303BF.jpeg

I have some oil leaking from the hoses in the picture. Any idea what my problem is? I’m pretty sure it’s the water pump. Any ideas how to fix?

·
Registered
893 Posts
That’d be your oil cooler lines. Hard to tell what’s going on from the picture but someone has definitely had those lines disconnected and changed clamps. Is your oil cooler still connected or do the lines double back? If everything is still connected start by replacing the hoses and clamps.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’d be your oil cooler lines. Hard to tell what’s going on from the picture but someone has definitely had those lines disconnected and changed clamps. Is your oil cooler still connected or do the lines double back? If everything is still connected start by replacing the hoses and clamps.
I’ll get better pics and post them. It’s not leaking bad just a little. Wonder why previous owner had them disconnected. I am a beginner when it comes to working on the grizz.
thanks

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What category would I find the hoses under for oem parts on the partzilla parts diagram?

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here are some more pics of what I got going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks all!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Looks like somebody else was having that issue, you may have to remove the hoses and clamps and clean them up, they may have small cracks in the hose around the clamps causing a leak, some of the clamps do not look factory and seemed to be over tighten causing problems also, you may end up replacing some hoses after inspecting them when they are cleaned up, K&N oil filter.... oh my.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
What category would I find the hoses under for oem parts on the partzilla parts diagram?
The hoses are listed under the Yamaha water pump diagram.

Reactions: reogem

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like somebody else was having that issue, you may have to remove the hoses and clamps and clean them up, they may have small cracks in the hose around the clamps causing a leak, some of the clamps do not look factory and seemed to be over tighten causing problems also, you may end up replacing some hoses after inspecting them when they are cleaned up, K&N oil filter.... oh my.
What’s wrong with the k&n oil filter?

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
What’s wrong with the k&n oil filter?
LOL, I am not a big fan of them, OEM oil filters for me only, I use the Yamaha wolverine SXS filter for the 708, its longer then the stock filter the grizzly comes with, oil filters discussions on this forum can be a big can of worms, LOL, just saying.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, I am not a big fan of them, OEM oil filters for me only, I use the Yamaha wolverine SXS filter for the 708, its longer then the stock filter the grizzly comes with, oil filters discussions on this forum can be a big can of worms, LOL, just saying.
My selling point was the 17mm socket end for easy removal. I had a hell of a time getting the factory off.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m good to run it with those hoses leaking huh? I’ll keep a close eye on the oil level.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I’m good to run it with those hoses leaking huh? I’ll keep a close eye on the oil level.
Well... they are leaking because there's a problem, personally I would not be able to stand it, I would have to fix the leaks asap, I would order the hoses and clamps and clean everything up, whatever I had to do to fix it right before I would run it, but that's just me, something else to think of and consider.. if your engine starts to smoke on start up and your machine falls under the repair list of serial numbers to get fixed for free by Yamaha, Yamaha reps are going to FROWN on the oil leaks and K&N oil filter, just saying.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
My selling point was the 17mm socket end for easy removal. I had a hell of a time getting the factory off.
Yes that 17mm nut on the K&N filter does make it easier, make sure you only use it for taking the filter off, not installing it, I have a slide on filter wrench for the OEM oil filters, works very well for installation and removal.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My serial number isn’t on the list and I have no smoke

·
Premium Member
639 Posts

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have one of the good ones then, good luck.
Where can I find the Yamaha recall so I can double check. I can’t seem to find it.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
You will find it in the Engine and Transmission section page 5, thread topic "It's official Yamaha 16-18 service bulletin for the 708"

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
594 Posts
You will find it in the Engine and Transmission section page 5, thread topic "It's official Yamaha 16-18 service bulletin for the 708"
I believe that bulletin you referenced is for Canada only...serial #’s in the US are different. I have not seen one for the US

·
Registered
2016 green 700
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya I have not seen the us one either I don’t think! Anyone have the us recall numbers??

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts
I believe that bulletin you referenced is for Canada only...serial #’s in the US are different. I have not seen one for the US
They use the same one in the US.
I did found my Queens 2016 # listed as a 2017 made no difference to my dealer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts