Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Pretty disappointed today. Found my Grizzly is now leaking engine oil from the drive shaft on the back side of the motor. It is spraying oil in a circular pattern which I suppose is to be expected. For only having this thing for a year it's been one problem right after another. I'm on vacation right now, is it a problem to ride it and just keep up on the oil level or should I get it fixed first? Also, does this happen often and how big of a job is it?

·
Registered
201 Posts
if its that 2016 you should have waranty

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2016, I'm not sure it has warranty anymore. I thought that that was only 6 months. I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's safe to ride or not. I'm on vacation for the week so I'm mostly trying to figure out if it's safe to use.

As for bomb proof....... I guess reputation speaks volumes but I don't feel I've had a typical Yamaha experience. I'm almost regretting it at this point. I have more miles on my truck hauling it for service than I do on the quad.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
You can ride your bike if you like with that seal leaking. Stay out of deep water and keep an eye on the oil level. Ride out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to update this thread, took it in and got it fixed. The issue was the O Ring behind the drive shaft seal. It had an imperfection in it that was allowing a small amount of oil to slip through. Got it fixed and I'm back riding. Let's hope the issues stay away for a while now.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Did the dealer fix it under warranty?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly the dealer is 200 miles away so I didn't bother, cost was 300 dollars from a local mechanic that I trust

1 - 10 of 10 Posts