Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am tearing down my 660 engine to redo the seal between case halves and when I removed the wet clutch drum, the one way bearing came apart. The issue is the spring that holds it in place is broken. So my question is, is it needed? or it is just for ease of installation? Can I put the one way bearing back without the spring?

·
Registered
370 Posts
So I am tearing down my 660 engine to redo the seal between case halves and when I removed the wet clutch drum, the one way bearing came apart. The issue is the spring that holds it in place is broken. So my question is, is it needed? or it is just for ease of installation? Can I put the one way bearing back without the spring?
I would say no. If the one way bearing came apart, it has to be replaced. The spring is part of the bearing.
Get an OEM bearing from Yamaha. They are more expensive but like many others will tell you, after market OWB's are very poorly made and will fail after little use.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
.......Can I put the one way bearing back without the spring?
Absolutely not. The spring is a very important part of the oneway function. If the spring is damaged, kinked, stretched or shortened the OW will not work right.

You can ride the Griz without the entire OW if you care to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts