Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My one way bearing is getting pretty bad. How hard is this to change, how do you go about this, will I need anything special, and do I need any other parts when I replace it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Changing the OW is fairly easy. The only other part you will need is a gasket for the clutch housing cover. Completely cleaning the gasket off the mating surfaces is very important.
Now maybe a good time to replace the clutch housing seal.
If you don't need to do an oil change. Jack the right side of the Griz up put a 5 gal bucket under each tire. The oil will not drain out.

Only buy an OEM oneway.

When looking at the WC the OW is installed with the green dot visible.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing the OW is fairly easy. The only other part you will need is a gasket for the clutch housing cover. Completely cleaning the gasket off the mating surfaces is very important.
Now maybe a good time to replace the clutch housing seal.
If you don't need to do an oil change. Jack the right side of the Griz up put a 5 gal bucket under each tire. The oil will not drain out.

Only buy an OEM oneway.

When looking at the WC the OW is installed with the green dot visible.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Thank you! Is there anyway I can just buy oem shoes instead of the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thank you! Is there anyway I can just buy oem shoes instead of the whole thing?

Your wet clutch shoes and your one way bearing are two completely different components that do different jobs.

If your wet clutch is toast it will slip excessively and your quad won't move forward or backward like it normal would if at all.

If your one way bearing is toast you will loose your engine breaking and your quad will free wheel aspecially going down hills.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your wet clutch shoes and your one way bearing are two completely different components that do different jobs.

If your wet clutch is toast it will slip excessively and your quad won't move forward or backward like it normal would if at all.

If your one way bearing is toast you will loose your engine breaking and your quad will free wheel aspecially going down hills.
Sorry I forgot to mention that it has 5600 miles and I'm sure this has never been done so it will probably need new shoes while I'm in the clutch anyway

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
The wet clutch is very durable. With proper oil and smart riding at 5600 miles it should still be in good shape.
Post up some pictures of it.

Here is my 2013 700. Don't remember exactly but I'm thinking about 14-15000 miles.

More OW and WC info

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wet clutch is very durable. With proper oil and smart riding at 5600 miles it should still be in good shape.

Post up some pictures of it.

Here is my 2013 700. Don't remember exactly but I'm thinking about 14-15000 miles.

More OW and WC info
I will when I get it apart thing is... I'm hard on my grizzly

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm hoping I'll only have to do the one way and I'm hoping it won't be too hard but I'm preparing to see the worst lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts