Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in WA have any experience with my situation?:

I'm active duty military stationed in Seattle. I just went to the licensing place here in Fife, WA and took my TX title for my Grizzly. They told me I had to switch my title over to WA and pay tax on my bike to get the ORV sticker/plate. So it would cost me $1000 just to be able to ride in WA. I've never heard of something like this. Even CA didn't do that. It's crazy that I'm forced/ordered to live here and WA forces me to pay 10% tax on the "value" of the vehicle plus the cost to switch the title from TX to WA, plus registration fees.

I'm looking into if I can get a TX OHV sticker as I found "exemptions" in RCW 46.09.420 stating: "Off-road vehicles owned by a resident of another state that have a valid ORV use permit or vehicle registration issued in accordance with the laws of the other state. This exemption applies only to the extent that a similar exemption or privilege is granted under the laws of that state."

My concern is the "similar exemption or privilege" part...would rangers here in WA be [email protected]@hole$ and ticket me and force me to prove that? Or would they leave me alone with another state's (TX) OHV sticker. I really don't want to pay $1000 to be able to ride here!!!!!

Any help/suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard....apparently the license office in Fife was wrong....the office in Puyallup didn't charge me tax. Tried to tell the place in Fife they are wrong, but the guy still thinks he's right. Beware those going to the license office in Fife, WA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off thanks for you service! WA fees are outrageous. We live in WA but ride 99% in Idaho. We just buy Idaho ORV stickers, $25 the first year which includes a 10yr plate, then just $10 every after. WA wants $25 every year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts