Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures! What a great place to ride. Tons and tons of trails everywhere.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Beautiful. That had to be a awesome vacation. I was watching some videos of the Paiute Trail on YouTube just last week and am trying to talk my wife into to a vacation out there next year but I think she wants to go to Hatfield/McCoy trails instead.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rode some trails in the Rock House system couple years ago. We tent Camped at Twin Hollow Campground in Gilbert WV. Awesome camp grounds. And location. But there ain’t no comparison when it comes to the views or the different type of trails available to ride on the Paiute. Stayed in Marysvale at the Rose Ranch. Rode 300 miles in 4 days. I will be returning to HatField and McCoys though maybe next Spring.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
NewGrizz...thanks for the great pic's.

Been on the bucket list for a few years. Need to move it up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Paiute Trail is amazing.

Anybody heading down there, try the Rocky Ridge Resort in Marysvale... we rolled into town about 10pm, they had a cabin ready that we could rent, and the owner even offered to make us sandwiches for dinner. Terrific people!

Every other day of our trip, we just camped along the trail. Some days we did really low mileage doing steep, rocky, technical 50" trails, some days we did 100 miles along forest roads through BEAUTIFUL country. There's just so much variety down there.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Looks and sounds like awesome riding!! Bucket list worthy for sure....thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here are a couple from my last trip. Pics are 180- and 360-degree panos, so they're best viewed full-res, scrolling side-to-side.

BTW, if you need ANY work done on your machines while you're down there, Redrock Racing in Richfield is the BOMB. One of our riders had their electrical fail on the trail, we rolled into Richfield 10 minutes before they closed, they still hopped to it, diagnosed the issue, drove and got the parts needed, and fixed it on the spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pics TiccyTac. We wanted to camp at least one night while we’re there but so windy all week. Didn’t want to wrestle a tent flapping around all night plus keeping a camp fire burning would have been a pain. No camp fire equals not really camping to me. So the cabin and bed already paid for worked out just fine. Maybe next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice pics TiccyTac. We wanted to camp at least one night while we’re there but so windy all week. Didn’t want to wrestle a tent flapping around all night plus keeping a camp fire burning would have been a pain. No camp fire equals not really camping to me. So the cabin and bed already paid for worked out just fine. Maybe next time.

It depends on where you're at, but each night we were there, we were able to find a camp site in a valley, surrounded by tall trees, so 90% of the wind was blocked, and we had it easy. But I'm a bit boring, after a full day of riding, I set up the tent, eat, and GO TO SLEEP. :laugh:

Still, can't go wrong with a cabin. A soft bed and a warm shower is nice!

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Beautiful. That had to be a awesome vacation. I was watching some videos of the Paiute Trail on YouTube just last week and am trying to talk my wife into to a vacation out there next year but I think she wants to go to Hatfield/McCoy trails instead.
I have never been there and really want to go...........

On my ATV bucket list!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts