Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was servicing my 2018 grizzly and had a paper towel wrapped around the front crankcase vent just below the headlight. It's been sitting around the shop for a few days with the plastics off. I changed the coolant and was letting it idle then rode it around the yard. I can't remember if I removed it or if it was sucked into the crankcase because it's not in the yard. I removed the duct from the case and used the phone to look inside, but I can't see very much and no sign of the paper towel. Kicker is I had multiple paper towels laying around so it's messing with me. What's next or will it be fine because I don't know where to go from here?

·
Premium Member
10,674 Posts
:)
Crankcase of c.v.t. inlet or engine air intake?
If the c.v.t. remove the cover and look.
If the engine air intake, open the filter box.
Crankcase something, how about a picture?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Why do you think a paper towel got into your crankcase? That's your CVT air inlet....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know, I thought that's what it was called.. I looked inside the port but you can't see much inside. So that's the cvt intake just to keep the belt cool and the other pipe is for exhaust. Got it.. Thanks I'm good then :)

·
Premium Member
10,674 Posts
After the short ride its shredded, if there's several in there I would get them out.
Who Know's....on the trail the confetti can show you the way home :)

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Do you have a dog? Seriously, check the dogs poo tomorrow.

😁

·
Premium Member
10,674 Posts
Might be married, what then?
Logically.....
I wouldn't bring up the camera part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts