Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some photo's of our quad trip to Crowsnest Pass region, on the B.C., Alberta border basically.
Lots of camping in the area, many where you can ride right from your camping spot, ride all day...and return.

Hit, "View as Slideshow"...when you have some time. :)

http://photobucket.com/Crowsnest-pass

·
Registered
443 Posts
wow that sure brings backs some memories. You sure went to alot of effort to share with us here at grizzly central. I would like to recommend that for your effort and time spent and sharing with us all that you be entitled to a 50 dollar gift certificate from one of our sponsors

This is bar none the most scenic posting that i have seen and thank you.

One of my first jobs was an apprentice electrician and one of the jobs I worked at was the Frank slide Interpretive centre. Beautiful country

I am sure you know where the centre is

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW Beautiful ride! I am in the Edmonton area, where abouts do you and your riders stage or camp in the country. I am looking for some more scenic rides. If you wouldnt mind sharing some directions with me that would be fantastic! PM me if you need.

Thanks in advance,

can.grizz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, haven't been on the site for quite some time, thus didn't realize others had left posts on here for the photo's I left. Crows nest isn't all that far from the Alberta border in the southwest corner of Alberta near the Frank Slide. There are two small towns in the region, one of which has their atv club there, so we stopped in and go information there! We where on the north side of the highway initially (several days of riding) which has a very large staging area, where many RV's camp for days at a time. You can camp in the open, or in the treed area there. After many days of riding, we took some advice and headed to the south side of the highway, and drove in several km's, and found our own staging area/campsite, where we stayed there for several days as well. We where in a group of 8 adults, so 4 rigs...where there is the ride that takes you up to where the plane crash happened (forget the exact year now, albeit I'm sure it would be easy to find on Google). The trails are kept up with the community atv club there, and it was a beautiful scenic ride there. I keep thinking I'd love to ride that same area again one of these days, as we are always heading in one direction or another for a 2 week ride. Anywhere from within B.C./Alberta and Utah (so far) and we're hoping to get to Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico to ride at some point as well.
Again, sorry for the late reply.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice pics. A couple of us are heading there in August for the first time so it's nice to see some pics ahead of time. Spending about 10 days there maybe more.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
we are there in August also for the 1st 2 weeks

·
Registered
51 Posts
we are there in August also for the 1st 2 weeks
Think it's the 12th when we get there. Staying at McGillivray staging area (north side of coleman) first then over to south side

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is a photo up at the Plane Crash when most of the snow is melted out of the valley.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I think we are heading home on the 14th. Maybe we can get together on the 12 or 13th

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think we are heading home on the 14th. Maybe we can get together on the 12 or 13th
Sounds good. Are you staying at McGillivray Staging area?
If not we can meet up somewhere. I'm in a white older F150 ext. cab with snowandmud stickers on both side windows. Black Grizzly and a mud pro. Tenting it too so should be easy to spot. What part of Sask. are you from? Have several family members there. The person who's coming with me is also from Sask.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
We rented a house at Hillcrest but have never been in the area. Our first week up there is a club ride and then the second is just me and the wife. We are from Moose Jaw

·
Registered
51 Posts
We rented a house at Hillcrest but have never been in the area. Our first week up there is a club ride and then the second is just me and the wife. We are from Moose Jaw
PM sent

·
Registered
14 Posts
Again great pics ! What small towns were you talking about to get info ? I live in central BC and would love to do this ride .Is it a long one,ie do you need to carry extra fuel ? Where does a person start this journey ? Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Coleman is the closest town to the staging areas. We stayed in a cheap hotel in Blairmore. They're only minutes apart. The plane crash is a short ride, no extra fuel needed. Local club is Crowsnest Pass Quad Squad. Do a search on SnowandMud.com for all the info you could ever need.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Very nice. I used to live in Jasper, I miss it out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts