Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the sad news today that the beautiful and challenging riding trails have been closed indefinitely. Reasons I've heard are the usual like trash on the trails and people going off the trails and tearing up private land. This was one of my favorite places to ride and we have made a lot of great memories there. Please remember if you have room to take it in you have room to take it out whether it's a water bottle , beer can or cigarette butt.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
404 Posts
Thats a wicked bummer.

Eventually, our population is going to grow to the point where we have next to nowhere reasonable to ride. I hope I'm too old and broken to ride by that point.

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Premium Member
8,913 Posts
I got the sad news today that the beautiful and challenging riding trails have been closed indefinitely. Reasons I've heard are the usual like trash on the trails and people going off the trails and tearing up private land. This was one of my favorite places to ride and we have made a lot of great memories there. Please remember if you have room to take it in you have room to take it out whether it's a water bottle , beer can or cigarette butt.
Bummer...Pickett has been on my bucket list for a few years.
We harp about bad behavior on the trails and the possible consequences to just have it thrown in our faces with this BS "it's our right to do what we want".

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha Kodiak 700
49 Posts
Im in Tennessee. I dont want to see any more shut down. Gues the virus had some to do with it possibly

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im in Tennessee. I dont want to see any more shut down. Gues the virus had some to do with it possibly
From what I hear it's mainly from a new campground that was put in next to the trails on private land and the increase of traffic and people not respecting the trails and other peoples private property around there. It sucks that was my groups favorite day ride place. Probably will never reopen.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few pics from our last ride

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts
Picket needs to be a National Park, if we can’t ride it, time to protect it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts