Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
628 Posts
I personally think it’s a waste of money. There is too much fine print that gives them a reason to not pay in my opinion. But if it is something you want don’t settle on the price they give you. I have read where many guy’s were able to negotiate the price down considerably.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I wouldn't now, and didn't when I bought the grizz.
The dealer makes a HUGE profit on the extra warranty, the finance manager makes his large house payments from the commissions selling warranties, and if you go back through a year's worth of thread here on G.C. you won't find 5 posts of members needing extended warranty repair work.
There are some members getting service through t.s.b. authorization, without an extended warranty.
No if you are financing the bike and barely qualify for the loan, and can barely make each payment, that is when you need to add the extended warranty. For others its a waste/

·
Premium Member
8,130 Posts
Every now and then you hear of a guy blowing an engine or trany or ??? after 7 months.
If you have a good dealer the E.W. it is a good deal. I bought the warranties after 3-5 months they seem to drop the price after a few months.
We put on very high miles each season 4500 to 5500 miles. We have traded them in about every 3 years it seems with the EW fetches more $ on the trade in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts