Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Went camping with my oldest grandson this weekend. Temps were in the mid 90's so we rode from swimming hole to swimming hole.
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle
Plant community Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Natural landscape
Sky Plant Plant community Mountain Larch
Atmosphere Sky Plant Natural environment Tree
Plant Natural landscape Wood Tree Terrestrial plant
Water Plant Plant community Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams
Flower Plant Noxious weed Botany Petal
Sky Plant Cloud Mountain Larch
Sky Mountain Plant Natural landscape Larch
Usually by this time of year we are locked out of a lot of riding area's due to fire, but we have been lucky, only a couple of small ones about 70 miles from us. Gets so bad here sometimes the street lights are on during the day due to the smoke. Keeping my fingers crossed this is one year we don't have to go through that.

·
Super Moderator
1,965 Posts
Went camping with my oldest grandson this weekend. Temps were in the mid 90's so we rode from swimming hole to swimming hole. View attachment 103304 View attachment 103306 View attachment 103307 View attachment 103308 View attachment 103309 View attachment 103313 View attachment 103314 View attachment 103311 View attachment 103312 Usually by this time of year we are locked out of a lot of riding area's due to fire, but we have been lucky, only a couple of small ones about 70 miles from us. Gets so bad here sometimes the street lights are on during the day due to the smoke. Keeping my fingers crossed this is one year we don't have to go through that.
That's what we used to do in the summer back in New Brunswick, ride from lake to lake to stream and jump in for a cool off.
That was the only good part of my little upset the other day, it was hot out but that swamp was pretty cool and kept me cool for the ride back to the trucks.

Where are you located, I'm guessing in the west with the high fire risk?

·
Super Moderator
1,965 Posts
I live in Southern Oregon in a small town called Roseburg. Can't wait until this winter to see a bunch more pics of guys getting stuck like yours. I myself am a clean freak and could never do that with mine.
Oh so am I, I am not one for mudding at all. I would never venture into that area on my own for sure, the only reason I went this way was because of my buddy wanting to go explore a trail on the other side and he's somewhat knew how to get to it. This definitely was not planned, it's bad enough sweating your balls off trying to get unstopped but then you've got to do it all over again with the excess cleaning of the bike. No thank you, I prefer nice trail riding the odd stream crossing and a mud hole if I absolutely have to get through it to carry on my way. I don't go looking for it. Lol

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,398 Posts
Ask @wgc about keeping his stuff clean and tidy. He said the following, "if I could find a dishwasher big enough to pull the Grizz into, I'd buy it."

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
This is what I will do after my ride with RR & wvmtwins along with removing the floorboards. I hate MUD!
Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tree Road surface
MUD.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Everyone who has had the displeasure of riding with me knows how much I love riding in the mud.
Confession time- My lighter. I never paid attention to it until RR and wvmtwins noticed it. Once they saw it I took a bunch of ribbing. I knew I was in trouble when they took pictures of it and are laughing their a$$'s off. Hey I needed a lighter and it was the last one they had. Never noticed the rainbow color and the word pride on it. Pretty embarrassing, but I'll man up to it. To make it more humorous I bought it at a local gas station called Kum-&-Go, lol. Needless to say the lighter has been replaced. Thanks wvmtwins, I owe you, lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,965 Posts
This is what I will do after my ride with RR & wvmtwins along with removing the floorboards. I hate MUD! View attachment 103373 MUD.
Holy crap.... Now that's a detailed clean up..... Are you busy the next few days? Ever visited Canada? My bike needs a real good cleaning after swamping it. Lol
I don't judge lifestyle choices, your free to buy whatever lighter you want, but could have made a ram to of it as you would have just missed pride month down in Toronto. I'm sorry, had to throw that last jab in there after reading your post about the lighter. First post I read after getting up this afternoon after a long night shift.... I busted a guy laughing. Thanks for that, gonna be a great way to start my friday shift.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts