Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,398 Posts
@chargedmr2 If you’re referring to the pictures starting in post #19, the orange Grizz is a friend’s machine but I believe those BigHorn tires are sized at 26x9x14.

The location of the pictures are from the Big Horn mountains, in an approximate radius of 25 miles of Burgess Jct.

Reactions: chargedmr2 and wgc

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
@chargedmr2 If you’re referring to the pictures starting in post #19, the orange Grizz is a friend’s machine but I believe those BigHorn tires are sized at 26x9x14.

The location of the pictures are from the Big Horn mountains, in an approximate radius of 25 miles of Burgess Jct.
Some how missed your pic's. Really great! Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Great day today, weather was sooooo much cooler, upper 70's. Was so nice I got the tent out and took a nap, awesome! I have a orange one on order just to keep in the Grizzly. Figure if I need to be found orange would be the best color to have. Was a little chilly up at 6k on the way back when it got dark, had to break out my coat :)

Atmosphere Cloud Sky Afterglow Branch
Water resources Water Plant community Ecoregion Fluvial landforms of streams
Plant Plant community Tree Wood Natural landscape
Water Plant Water resources Plant community Fluvial landforms of streams
Plant Tent Tire Tarpaulin Tread
Water Plant community Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape
Sky Cloud Plant community Mountain Plant

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yes, I really liked the Kenda tires, nice open pattern and wore great on the pavement. But one of them went out of round and I bought them as a set, the place I bought them from wanted me to dismount them all and replace the whole set. Figured if I was going to go through all that trouble I would try another brand. We ride about 20% pavement in the summer so I need a tire with a pavement friendly tread pattern that wears well. The tread pattern on the Sunf's is a little more what I was looking for when I bought the Kenda's so I thought I'd give them a shot. Put 97 miles on them yesterday and they still have most of the little nipples on them, so seems like they will wear well. Plus no rock throwing like the stock zilla's and were very smooth on the blacktop.:)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool! Yeah, they look like a tire well suited for harder terrain. I’m looking to purchase a set of Zilla’s in the near future. I have an extra set of rims I will be mounting the Zilla’s on. That way I can swap them on and off easily for the upcoming wet and snowy season. Then I’ll put the stock wheels and tires back on for the dry summer months.

Reactions: Rehoboth Dave

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
What a ride today, went over a ridge I probably shouldn't have. Barely made it over the top and it got deeper on the other side. Got stuck twice going downhill. There was no way to go back so I got to spend some quality time with my shovel. Luckily I have plenty of experience from my snowmobiling days. Should have taken some pics of the holes but was sweating my butt off and just wanted to get down low enough to not worry about having to hike out...

Sky Cloud Snow Plant Mountain
Plant Branch Natural landscape Tent Tree
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Natural landscape
Snow Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire
Water Sky Cloud Water resources Plant
Water Plant Water resources Vertebrate Natural environment

41 - 60 of 70 Posts