Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
LOL, ever seen the show Fisher's ATV world? Those shots were taken at what they classify as one of the top five places in the WORLD to ride ATVs. And I agree. I love Alaska!:happy:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Great Pics! What a beautiful background. Alaska is next on my list of vacations. After taking a trip a few years ago to Yellow Stone Alaska appears to be the next level. Great shots!

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know what the XTRs weigh. I do know that you are not comparing apples to apples when looking at our tires. If weight is the only thing you care about, then you're missing the serious advantages of our tires. (1) Radials; (2) rubber compound; (3) tread height is 36/32 on the Rockers front and rear; (4) our tires are tall...25.5 Rocker is as tall as most 26" tires out there. So if you compare our 25.5" Rocker or Growlers to a 25" tire...you're overlooking our tires for the wrong reasons.
http://www.itptires.com/images/mudlitextr_lg.jpg
Mud-Lite XTR (6-ply rated, radials):
25-8R-12 22.7lbs 1"tread,
25-10R-12 27.5lbs 1"tread,
26-9R-12 26.9lbs 1.1"tread,
26-11R-12 32.1lbs 1.1"tread,
27-9R-12 28.2lbs 1.1"tread,
27-11R-12 34.8lbs 1.1"tread

Exactly. If you're looking for top end - get a sport quad. I've never had a bigger improvement in off-road capability from just a tire change than I have observed in the first 100 miles with the Rockers. I am doing things in 2WD that used to be questionable in 4X4 with the 27" Swamplites I had before.

The rockers are a better balanced tire, too. While the swamplites gave a bit better top end than the rockers because of their lighter weight, I got a bad wobble at high speed because they just wouldn't balance well. Not the case with the Rockers.

The Swamplites are a 6-ply bias tire. Rockers are 8-ply radial. Apples to oranges, I know. It's what I had before and I'm not going back.
AKsoldier, right now I'm running 27"XTRs, but when the time come I want to go with Pitt Bulls.
Since none of their tires are dedicated tires and from what I read they are great multi-condition tires. This is only giving me a harder choice.
I just want to know which, Growlers or Rockers will be better for me. As per tire size and height I want to stay close to what I've got right now (27"XTR 9R-12 at 5lbs pressure and 1"tread) which is 26.5".
Most of the time I'm riding on the rocky trails (70%) with some slow challenging rock crawling included. Some mud and snow riding in a winter.
The Pitt Bull tires looks great, but since their atv/utv tires are fairly fresh on the market -i can't find decent comparison between Rockers and Growlers.
I hope I cleared my previous question. :peace:

·
Registered
118 Posts
http://www.itptires.com/images/mudlitextr_lg.jpg
Mud-Lite XTR (6-ply rated, radials):
25-8R-12 22.7lbs 1"tread,
25-10R-12 27.5lbs 1"tread,
26-9R-12 26.9lbs 1.1"tread,
26-11R-12 32.1lbs 1.1"tread,
27-9R-12 28.2lbs 1.1"tread,
27-11R-12 34.8lbs 1.1"tread

AKsoldier, right now I'm running 27"XTRs, but when the time come I want to go with Pitt Bulls.
Since none of their tires are dedicated tires and from what I read they are great multi-condition tires. This is only giving me a harder choice.
I just want to know which, Growlers or Rockers will be better for me. As per tire size and height I want to stay close to what I've got right now (27"XTR 9R-12 at 5lbs pressure and 1"tread) which is 26.5".
Most of the time I'm riding on the rocky trails (70%) with some slow challenging rock crawling included. Some mud and snow riding in a winter.
The Pitt Bull tires looks great, but since their atv/utv tires are fairly fresh on the market -i can't find decent comparison between Rockers and Growlers.
I hope I cleared my previous question. :peace:
I have only used the Rockers, so I can't offer a comparison between the two, but The Rockers are a little more aggressive, with more space between the lugs, so they should clean out a little better in the mud. The Growlers would probably be a bit better in sand, although I have already ridden sand with the Rockers and they work awesome!

So far I really can't find a weak spot - snow, mud, sand, rocks, hills. They just work well everywhere. For the terrain you mentioned you can't go wrong with the Rockers. You'll be amazed.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm sure I will :) .
I'll probably end up with Rockers, 8-ply and lug pattern looks more suitable for rocky terrain

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
why wont someone in Australia stock these?!?!?!

I have a set of the 25.5's and love them, but want to get a set of fats for the front as well!

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
It is my humble opinion that Pit Bull Growlers are THE BEST all terrain ATV tire available!

My cat Silas inspecting the delivery.

26.5" Pit Bulls actually measure 27.5"!

The day they were mounted. FRONT

REAR

Did I mention that these are THE BEST ATV tires made? :happy2:Well, they are!

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Bro in law has the rockers on his 450 and they are pretty sick looking. Haven't ridden with him in over a year though so haven't seen them in action.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts