Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Marcos from New Mexico. Im new to this forum and happy to be here. I own a 2007 Grizzly and recently purchased a 2001 Big Bear 4x4 400. I understand the Big Bear is more of a work bike and has a top speed of around 40-45mph. my Big Bear needed a few minor things worked on such as throttle, brakes etc but I do need some help with power on this bike. I can get the bike moving pretty quick going downhill, of course gravity helps out tremendously. The bike can climb hills pretty good. but I cant get this bike to move past 10mph going up a slight incline road. This thing is bearly moving going up hill. The speed limiter on the throttle is maxed out, changed spark plug. looking to have the carb rebuilt or replaced but wasn't sure if there is something else I should be looking for to get some more power on this thing. Its not backfiring or anything like that just extremely sluggish going up a very minor incline. I mean this bike only seems to work right on flat or downhill surfaces. don't think an air filter upgrade or bigger tires is gonna make a huge difference, but im open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!
Does the engine speed up, and the bike slows down? (Maybe clutch is bad) Or do you give it gas, but the engine slows down on the hill? (Maybe carb or low compression). Just some ideas for you.

i have the throttle pushed all the way and i cant get rpm's high enough to be able to shift past 2nd gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.