Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally managed some consistent wheely action with my little 550 Grizzly. I've read about this alot and I was determined to achieve it. Yes I know all you 700 guys do these with minimal effort and many of you are pointing at the skies like nothing. Well that doesn't represent my situation at all.

What I've learned in my case is, Low range, weight transfer ( all 158lbs), and traction are key. I squealed the belt in high range, and probably spun out 15 times cause of the ground simply wasn't solid enough to hook up, even with aggressive and heavy 26x11" Pitbull Growlers! Eventually I'll post pictures or video. Heck anyone else feel free to post your experiences, pictures, or videos on the subject.

Reactions: RansomP and Grumpy

·
Registered
167 Posts
you can also load the front shocks to give you extra force to lift the front. Simply from dead stop stab the gas quick and short front will lighter up then drop when you let off the shocks will then rebound up thats when you time it just right and hammer the gas shift weight back and pull on bars and your up up and away. It will take a bit of practice but its fun practice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey were in northern ontario do you live I am in thunder bay area

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hey were in northern ontario do you live I am in thunder bay area
I'm about 1050kms East of you on the border with Quebec.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I guess we're not getting together to go for a rip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts