Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
I would think so. I wonder how much they weigh...
Somewhere around 40-45 lb per wheel with the new knuckles for the RZR set. Not light but not as heavy as tracks.

Reactions: okbear

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No chance in hell a Grizzly will ever break one of these, let alone a set of four. We have a customers set opened up at work and I can say these are very stout.

The only failures I've seen on these are breaking of the output shaft and a heavy foot, but like you said it was on a heavy sxs.
Anyone have any input on the viking or wolverine cv axle outers and if they're the same as a grizzly? That's the only real hold up at this point because I don't have a local dealer that stocks portals so no way to check before I buy

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Only way to really know is to put the leg work in on the details. I highly doubt anything will be a direct bolt on. The grizzly and wolverine would be the closest related vehicles and I know the knuckles are not the same ..jt may take some custom fab work to make them live together

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had this same idea as well, but the price put a halt to that. I did not realize they came out with one for the yamahas, last time I looked they only had them for the big bikes. How do the brakes mount up on the portals, will the grizzly brakes bolt up to the wolverine designed setup?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bump.

Really interested in this. Been doing a lot of reading. All spline counts on outers are 27 throughout the lineup. I guess the cheapest way to find out shaft size at home would be to find someone willing to give away some broken axles.
I emailed Superatv and asked if there had been any talk about it and their exact dull response was “there has been no discussion. Thanks”
I actually got aggravated for a minute.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,542 Posts
Bump.

Really interested in this. Been doing a lot of reading. All spline counts on outers are 27 throughout the lineup. I guess the cheapest way to find out shaft size at home would be to find someone willing to give away some broken axles.
I emailed Superatv and asked if there had been any talk about it and their exact dull response was “there has been no discussion. Thanks”
I actually got aggravated for a minute.
Hey @Doveman1. Post up and intro and tell us a little about yourself.
New Member Introductions - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

21 - 30 of 30 Posts