Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, were all going camping. A bunch of nuts. So everyone who doesn't own a quad are dyeing to get there hands on mine. Lol. No problem, but I want to limit the power so they are less likely to kill themselves. I red in the manual, on the front of the cylinder there is a bolt. If you turn the bolt in it is supposed to limit the power. I am having trouble seeing this bolt. And, ah is it for real? I was expecting some sort of linkage or fuel injection trick. Anyone know how to do this. My manual is pretty vague. And how do you know how much to turn it in if its true?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Il look there. Makes more sense. Although the picture in the manual shows the cylinder with an arrow pointing to the bolt. Odd. What the heck are they talking about, and why don't they mention the throttle bolt adjustment.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
So, were all going camping. A bunch of nuts. So everyone who doesn't own a quad are dyeing to get there hands on mine. Lol. No problem, but I want to limit the power so they are less likely to kill themselves. I red in the manual, on the front of the cylinder there is a bolt. If you turn the bolt in it is supposed to limit the power. I am having trouble seeing this bolt. And, ah is it for real? I was expecting some sort of linkage or fuel injection trick. Anyone know how to do this. My manual is pretty vague. And how do you know how much to turn it in if its true?

Here you go......

Attachments

Reactions: Rep

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, will try that one. Now, were should it be? Right now there is about 10mm of thread exposed. Manual said 1/2 inch is wide open. I wonder if its not open all the way? Salesman told me it does 120kmh on a flat stretch, mine does just barely 100kmh? Wonder if its set from factory alittle backed off for break in? Its only got 1200km on it. How far can I back that out, and what happens if I attempt it and it comes all the way out since I have no idea how long it is. lol. Will it blow into a million pieces shooting springs and stuff all over? or can I just say oops and screw it back in? I want to limit it for camping, but i'm thinking it may be not giving me its full potential right now. SO I want to try it?? Can I break it?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I wonder if its not open all the way? Salesman told me it does 120kmh on a flat stretch, mine does just barely 100kmh?
Your salesman lied to you. 100 km/h is a normal top speed for your machine

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Ok, will try that one. Now, were should it be? Right now there is about 10mm of thread exposed. Manual said 1/2 inch is wide open. I wonder if its not open all the way? Salesman told me it does 120kmh on a flat stretch, mine does just barely 100kmh? Wonder if its set from factory alittle backed off for break in? Its only got 1200km on it. How far can I back that out, and what happens if I attempt it and it comes all the way out since I have no idea how long it is. lol. Will it blow into a million pieces shooting springs and stuff all over? or can I just say oops and screw it back in? I want to limit it for camping, but i'm thinking it may be not giving me its full potential right now. SO I want to try it?? Can I break it?
You can't break it. If it falls out, just screw it back in. If you want to know if your already getting full throttle, just remove the throttle cover right above. Open the throttle all the way and see if it touches the screw.
It'll all make sense when you see it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. No need since its already at top end as Vincent stated. So just need to limit it now to keep these nuts safer. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
Set the screw for barely moves and they will move on to someone else's bike:)
Then call to confirm full coverage during the trip, and you may need before and after pictures just in case.
It has happened to other members lending their grizz.

Reactions: Rep

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Just tell them it is broke, don’t take it, all are still friends after.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol, ya, I don't care about the bike. I bought it to have fun, I have no problem letting my friends ride, not strangers. I set it at about 50kmh, took it for a ride, it still hits hard, burns out, and gives a thrill at that speed. So I'll probably leave it there for the nut cases. Another note, any drinkers wont be riding. Once the juice comes out, the key goes away. So it may not even get started or off the trailer. Bahahaha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts