Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching, but i wasn't having a lot of luck due to the age of the machine
i've found a 2000 Grizzly 600 with a plow and winch, only 1000 miles, the seller wants $2500.
Any advice what would be a fair price? this would be my first ATV, i want to be able to go riding with buddies, and possibly for my wife to ride on the back until we buy a second.

please and thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dealers have a Blue book of pricing for ATV, I bought a 2018 Grizzly 700 SE in October, I used their blue book to look up the price for my 2002 Honda Foreman that I sold to my cousin.
Marcus40

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
For this region that seems to be the going rate for that era 4x4 with lower miles. Overpriced in my opinion but that's what people list them for. I'd definitely negotiate if you are really interested in it.

Just keep in mind the 600 was only made for 3 model years and some parts are getting hard to come by.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Is the plow something you will use? If not, no sense paying for it. Also, if it was used a lot for plowing, maybe not very many miles, but those miles were in the cold, pushing and working hard hours. If your budget allows, maybe wait a little longer, save some more money, get a newer 660 or 700 for another grand or two?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys
NADA says retail is about $1700, but as wheelsquad said that type machine $2500 seems to be common priced. my concern was just the difference between the asking price and NADA's value

the plow may be something i'd used, but i have a garden tractor with a 40 inch snow thrower so i'd be happy to sell the plow

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Offer $1500 green money on the spot, let him keep the plow and he can frig with selling it. If he doesn't take the offer walk away. You might get a phone call after he thinks about it for a couple days.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
If you could get it for 2K and sell the plow you would be about right for blue book but like mainhunter suggested save a little more and be patient and get a 660 or 700.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Also probably @wheelsquad made the most important point, that model was only a 3 year run, and is pretty much getting obsolete.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I found that listing. Based on the pictures and my recent 600 purchase, the price is too high for that one.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2000 600 that I bought last year. Paid $1200 here in Texas, put on new tires, a battery, carb, and a break job.
I have $1800 total invested and love it. I go to the off-road park a bit but mainly the deer camp.
The 600 is a very capable machine if well maintained. Love mine.
2500 is way too much. I see them for 1200-1500 in great shape on CL all day.

Good luck in your search!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts