Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly 700 SE Silver, Winch, BearClaw HTRs and Black Boar Cargo Seat
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to put shims on the Grizzly. The video makes it look easy. However can’t get the clutch assembly down to the threads because of the belt. Tried several different ways. Also the assembly seems to have gotten crooked.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
You probably dropped one of your weights. You ll need to take your primary apart and reinstall your weights back in their channels before going further....

You need to maintain proper cam plate pressure during installation, otherwise this happens

Reactions: MountainHiker

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was it. Easy when you know. I always wondered what people were talking about and where those weights were. Lol. Got it fixed and it runs great. Seems to have a little more pep.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Let's just be happy that you didn't put 300km on it with a weight flipped sideways like one person on here.... Not naming names.... Lol
But heres what it looks like after 300 km....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
@MountainHiker When you are ready to install the primary back on the Grizz. Stuff a rag or piece of hose between the camplate and the grease cover. This will hold the weights in place.
Also.... the belt can be rolled on after the primary is installed.

Reactions: wgc and RedRocket

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let's just be happy that you didn't put 300km on it with a weight flipped sideways like one person on here.... Not naming names.... Lol
But heres what it looks like after 300 km....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yea, if I had been able to get the belt back on, I would have done the same thing. Good thing I checked with the forum. Learning from others mistakes is cheaper and easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts