Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week our family and some friends made our annual trip out to Colorado for some trail riding. We stayed in Almont Colorado at 3 Rivers Resort. Its a great place to stay with a wide variety of lodging options for anyone's budget. We rode 5 days covering almost 400 miles. We rode over several high mountain passes and managed to get everyone back to the cabin after every ride with no break downs. It rained some but we didn't let that dampen our spirits. The monsoon season was in full force, which on the bright side the trails weren't dusty. Wgc got to ride with our group for 4 days but had to cut his trip short by a day to go home.

Here are a few pictures to start with of our cabin at 3 Rivers and some of the views we had at night.

Day 1 we trailered to Crested Butte and rode Paradise Divide down into the Devils Punch Bowl, then Lead King Basin and Schofield Pass to Emerald Lake

The Devils Punch bowl was intimidating but a fun ride down and then back up.

At the bottom of the Punch bowl

Lead King Basin wild flowers

Emerald Lake

Day 2 We rode over Cumberland Pass and part of the Alpine Tunnel over to Tomichi Pass, then Black Sage Pass to Waunita Pass and then to Pitkin.

On Tomichi Pass looking over to Hancock Pass

Day 3 We rode Cement Creek road over to Reno Ridge to American Flag Mountain and then down Italian Creek and around to Lily Pond and then back around to Cement Creek Road

American Flag mountain due to all the rain was calm and foggy. The 360 degree views weren't as great, but you felt as if you were in the clouds. It was a neat experience.

A bull moose near Lily Pond

Me dazed and confused at Lily Pond

A camp robber snatching a piece of bread off my son Wiley's hat.

Some of the prettiest wild flowers I've ever seen on Cement Creek Road

Day 4 We rode over Duncan Hill near Cumberland Pass over to Napoleon Pass. Napoleon Pass was a rough muddy slog but we managed to see a cow moose and he calf on our way down.

Then onto Union Park and Cross Mountain

Near the base of Cross Mountain is Union Park. There resides this old cow camp that still gets used today.

The last day (day 5) we rode from the town of Tincup over Tincup pass to the old mining town called St Elmo. Its famous for children being able to feed chipmunks across from the general store. Here's few pictures of some of the wildlife.

This guys had a little to much to eat.

All in all a great trip. I was a little disappointed because we were planning to ride over Pearl Pass but we received conflicting reports as to whether the snow had completely melted up top so we rode elsewhere.

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures and if anyone has a question about where we ride never hesitate to send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
Hey Ransom..Thanks for the great Pic's !!

Reactions: RansomP

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Great pictures and write up! Awesome scenery, glad you all had a great trip! I will have questions. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Awesome pics Ransom, as usual, beautiful country.

·
Registered
867 Posts
That's awesome , I would love to get out there sometime. "It400" and I have been talking about it and like he said we have questions???Thanks again for the great pic's. I really like the one with the American Flag and I'm guessing your daughter.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! And yes that was my youngest daughter trying to touch the flag. It was a great trip!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Great documentary of the trip @RansomP. Such beautiful scenery too. Would love to do a trip like that sometime.

·
Premium Member
10,648 Posts
Sweet!
Have the girls feed PePe to shorten the range while you sleep in the truck:)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet!
Have the girls feed PePe to shorten the range while you sleep in the truck:)
Jim,

You must have hit the silver bullets pretty hard tonight. Your post made absolutely no sense. This thread is in regards to our family vacation, not killing skunks! Tip another one for me brother!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks for the great pics, and nararion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts