Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my 2008 700. Only 1 issue is with stalling at low speeds, not all the time but happens. Also would love some help on doing the wiring for pod mod?? And IF?? I even have to do wiring?? And then step by step instructions on how to set adjustments? Please any help at all would be appreciated?? Even pictures if possible?? Would love to send pictures of machine, but says attachment limit is reached?? Not sure exactly what that means??

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Welcome to the site Ryeguy, glad to have you here. So what I can gather is that you have a new to you 2008 Grizzly and it is stalling at low speeds and you are searching for an answer for a pod mod to prevent your stalling. If all of that is right I have to ask, have you performed a regular maintenance on the Grizz, new spark plug, clean the air filter, fresh gas? Tell us a little more about your machine and we'll get you up and running like a top. How many hours and miles are on your Grizz to give us an idea of what we are working with you to solve.
Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes had all maint just done on quad before i bought it. Always maint done yearly by same dealer. Have all records of maints and services done. Machine in excellent condition. No previous mods done other than fresh plugs, and oil changes. Have heated grips and 2up seat heated as well. Running 27inch mud lite AT on it. Great machine! I've put 250kms on it since I bought it. Only issue is at low speeds and in diff lock at low speeds it stalls intermittently. But only at slow speeds. Other than that runs great. Would love some more low end power and throttle response for some rough terrain im encountering on the trails. Great machine wish it was EPS model though. Cant post any pictures though keeps saying Attachment limit reached or i would. Thanks for the reply, hope you can help on the mod issue?

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
I'm not the guy to help with pod mods, sorry, however there will be someone along to help out. Are you hitting a rev limiter in 4wd locked, or have you tried to hit the override button on the left side of the handlebar below the starter button?
We'll get you figured out, hang in there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really could use some help with the wiring i need to do to the Edu. Looked at alot of posts and they are very confusing. Even the pictures I can find arent clear to show what wire to move. Where it goes and if i have to cut a wire and where it goes. Please would love to try to fix my low speed stalling issue. And mayne gain some bottom end power? Any help would appreciated. Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
800 Posts
Really could use some help with the wiring i need to do to the Edu. Looked at alot of posts and they are very confusing. Even the pictures I can find aren't clear to show what wire to move. Where it goes and if i have to cut a wire and where it goes. Please would love to try to fix my low speed stalling issue. And mayne gain some bottom end power? Any help would appreciated. Thanks Ryan
Hey, welcome to GC from Wyoming. I apologise for not being able to help with the pod mod. However, low end, do you have $40 and an eBay account? Order an EPI purple secondary spring and 1.5mm shim kit. Shims are stupid easy, spring is a little harder but not rocket science. If @reogem comes along you can actually get shims at the local machine shop.
I don't know the right ID and OD but I know he does. @dezz @reogem & maybe @okbear can help you with the stall problem. Enjoy the new Grizzly!

·
Premium Member
10,662 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
By stating km, I'm guessing you are from up north of the border.
As for the bike, have the valves been adjusted?
Many dealership 'parts changers' have problems with this so this is missed during service.
If the bike runs good, I think you need to raise the pulley ratio to magnify torque produced at low engine r.p.m.'s for better pull, and that is what the shim mod does.
As for the limit on pictures, you may have to delete other pictures attached to make data room for new pictures.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
By stating km, I'm guessing you are from up north of the border.
As for the bike, have the valves been adjusted?
Many dealership 'parts changers' have problems with this so this is missed during service.
If the bike runs good, I think you need to raise the pulley ratio to magnify torque produced at low engine r.p.m.'s for better pull, and that is what the shim mod does.
As for the limit on pictures, you may have to delete other pictures attached to make data room for new pictures.
This is a problem with mobile version right now. I believe the Admins are working on it. Please post this experience in my thread in the site help and comments.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Welcome to GC from TN. and congrats. My 08 was stalling at low speeds with just a tip and aftermarket air filter but I bought a fuel programmer and it fixed it. The shim and spring mod is defiantly the best bang for your buck mod for low end gains.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts