Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700. The other day I went to move it out of the shed to get the mower. I pushed the brake and hit the key did not hear the fuel pump. turn it off and turn the key back on. Hear the pump pull the brake to start it turns over but reads error 41 on the display. turn it off and back on hit the starter and it fires runs fine. Hit the brake to shift from park and it dies and shows error 41. start it back up in neutral and shift it without the brake and it runs fine. Brake light works fine. Does not stall when hitting the front brake. so i just turn the key on and pull the brake and i get error 41 on the dash after a few seconds. I took the wires off the switch and it it starts and runs fine with out the brake hooked up. Jump the brake switch wires together and after a few seconds i get the error 41. I have 12.5 volts at the brake switch. I did notice that i have continuity on both brake switch wires to Positive. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
I haven't read about this kind'a problem, and it sounds like two wires behind the switch have chaffed or been damaged causing a voltage leak. Check all the wires involved in case the problem is not behind the switch.

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Registered
66 Posts
Code 41. Isn't that a lean angle sensor? Check this thread out:

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,144 Posts
First I’ve read of this as well and agree you need to chase the wires and look for a wiring issue.

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Need to rule out the Lean Angle Sensor. Have you rolled or tipped the Griz up on its side recently?
Consider checking the LAS
Font Material property Parallel Document Circle

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry don’t shoot me, but always disconnect and clean battery connections then charge battery fully, sensitive little systems sometimes.
X2 on what Ridgeway said does sound like a broke or skinned wire, make sure no critter damage anywhere. Really sounds like I would want to exhaust the simple stuff and just double check the basics and work back to the Lean Angle Sensor from there, good staring point.

No matter what be safe, take your time and keep us all posted.
-Marshall-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts