Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my used 07 grizzly 700. It came with a HMF tuner and exhaust. It's way to loud for what I need and how I use it. I did pick up a kolpin after exhaust system to help out but I'd like to see what options are available. The previous owner stated that he removed a baffle from the exaust I am guessing he meant he removed the apart arrest or assembly but I'm not sure. It seems that stock mufflers are not very available so looking to see what options are available and if the HMF optimizer should be removed if I change mufflers.

Thanks
Doc

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Put it on Craigslist for trade for a OEM muffler. I am sure someone will trade for that.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had one on my old griz. It was stupid loud. I put a quiet core insert in it, toned it down, and sounded pretty good. Insert was like $30 or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!! Going to see what I can come up with. Painting the plastics and doing some other odds and ends so I have a little time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had one, bet I tossed it last month or so... (who would ever buy a stock exhaust - DOH).

One thing you can look into, and I do this to mine during hunting season, the factory Yamaha spark arrestor will fit the HMF mufflers (well it fits my Utility Series). Both are a 3 bolt set up. All I had to do was slot the holes in the stock spark arrestor.

It makes it a good deal quieter than their "quit core". I would guess the arrestor part will be available from Yamaha as that gets into fed regulation territory, if you had a ATV w/out and such that you bought used...

You could try that route to tune it down a notch. It still will not be stock quiet. I will look see if I still have mine (but don't hold yer breath), I could let it go for cheap...

dw

·
Registered
780 Posts
Maybe a '14 or '15 OEM exhaust with the built in cat converter would be even more quiet. Don't know it it fits the same but I bet it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts