Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so I am considering a new exhaust for my Grizzly for power among other reasons. My question is, is there a nice, fairly quiet, "performance" exhaust out there? Not looking to spend much more than $250 and just a slip on. Not interested in a full system. So far, the only thing I find is an MBRP Sport slip on, for that price range and noise range. No others seem to be that quiet. If anyone has any ideas I would be interested to hear them. No swamp series please! I can't dump $400. Other than that fire away! Discussion is always welcome!

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is just an option but you could buy a HMF performance muffler and a quiet core. Right now they have a promo that will save you $50 off a muffler purchase. The muffler and quiet core would cost right around $280 + what ever your taxes would be. the Promo code is HMF50BUCKS.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is just an option but you could buy a HMF performance muffler and a quiet core. Right now they have a promo that will save you $50 off a muffler purchase. The muffler and quiet core would cost right around $280 + what ever your taxes would be. the Promo code is HMF50BUCKS.
How loud would that be? Ever heard one vs stock? I love the look. I mean LOVE the look.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
How loud would that be? Ever heard one vs stock? I love the look. I mean LOVE the look.

I have only heard the difference on youtube. Lots of comparing videos

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have only heard the difference on youtube. Lots of comparing videos
Hmm. Ok. I have heard videos as well. They sound good, just not sure if they are quiet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you know what kind of DB the MBRP exhaust produces? They don't sound all that quiet and I don't know if you can get a quiet core for MBRP . This Vid has the sport muffler

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know what kind of DB the MBRP exhaust produces? They don't sound all that quiet and I don't know if you can get a quiet core for MBRP . This Vid has the sport muffler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPUEmQId1FY
You have a good point. I have spoken with a user who had one, @dezz, and he said they were barley louder than stock. But after watching a few more videos I am doubting that a little.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This would be easy if I had $400 dollars huh? Anyone else?

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I had the MBRP utility slip on muffler (not sport) on my a Grizzly 600. It has a deeper sound tone to it, but it was barely louder than my stock muffler.
It did not add any power that i could feel. I didn't even have to re-jet the carb for it actually. I just put it on, moved the main jet needle to its highest position...and that was it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the MBRP utility slip on muffler (not sport) on my a Grizzly 600. It has a deeper sound tone to it, but it was barely louder than my stock muffler.
It did not add any power that i could feel. I didn't even have to re-jet the carb for it actually. I just put it on, moved the main jet needle to its highest position...and that was it.
Ooooh. Crap. You saved me a load of heartache. Thank you! I know the decibel rating of the HMF and love the deep note. Noting the decibels it won't be that much louder with a quiet core. HMF has my attention big time!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that code just for HMF's site? I find lower prices other places that could take it down to my price range.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is that code just for HMF's site? I find lower prices other places that could take it down to my price range.
Yeah, As far as I know the code is only for the HMF site.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got the hmf with a quiet core, fresh repack and a spark arrester. Its deeper than stock, not stupid loud and I think sounds good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got the hmf with a quiet core, fresh repack and a spark arrester. Its deeper than stock, not stupid loud and I think sounds good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Not stupid loud. Hmm. Well maybe I will have to try it. Any chance you could get a sound clip?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts