Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went on a hunting trip today and half way through the morning notice a rattling noise comming from what sounds like the front diff on my 450.only happens around 10 to 15 kmh.checked it all over including the bearings all seems good and axles.sounds like a pile of rocks in the diff bouncing around.change oil and never say any metal and it was clean.and body ever have this happen or know what it could be.?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I am guessing that it is the exhaust heat shield, or something else loose. If you changed the oils and no metal you can pretty well rule out diffs. If it sounds like you describe there would be metal in the oul

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the shields. Doesn't do it while reving in nuetual.does universals joints rattle a bit.mine has a small amount of play but wouldn't think it would be a problem

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 450 had a rattle to,, I know mine was the shifter. When it rattles try grabbing it and holding it. I had my dealer fix it on mine,, but not sure what they did to it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my shifter vibrates a bit to but I've eliminated that .it's not a vibration but more of a rattle.seems be in the drivetran somewhere.could be wrong but it's getting louder today whole trying to pinpoint it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts