Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 600 i am rebulding mine and i need to know the torque specks on the top end if any one could let me know that would be helpfull

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Welcome to GC. Are you only rebuilding the motor or is this a complete rebuild? You might think about a factory service manual. They can be had on tradebit.com for cheap. It’s electronic but many just print them. I’m sure somebody will be along with those specs before long.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Cylinder head bolt torque is 7.2 ft/lbs

Cylinder mounting:
Bolts = 7.2 ft/lbs
Nuts = 30 ft/lbs

But you really should download a factory service manual. All this information and more is in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rebuild completed

Well i have had the new to me cylinder and pistion checked,to find it had been bored over 1m and in little bad shap but still useable. So i got it on,with the help of my brother and about 13 hours. being the first time we have ever done a moter to this extent. I was kinda worried about doing it. But we got it on and everything else back in place,also a carb rebulit kit and it fired right up.? i have only had it run about 3 minits or les so far but seem to be like we done a good job because it was idling witch it wouldn't do be for all of this so all in all is good so far. Just cant wate to see how she will ride at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts