Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I might need to pull the radiator out of my Grizzly for a good cleaning or replacement and I tried to get the "hood" off... It seems to just pop up from the rear near the handlebars and I removed the two black push rivets from the front but it still feels like there are some hidden fasteners connected near the front that I can't see. Anyone removed this piece and can tell me what I'm missing before I break something!

Also, what do folks use to clean the exterior fins that get gummed up with dirt/mud that won't eat the aluminum up?

Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
If you have an owners manual it gives you all the mounting points of the panels. It helped me a lot removing the panels for the first time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL i didn't even think to look there! Thanks Jvic ill get it out of the file cabinet and take a gander. I gotta be missing a fastener or two somewhere

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys I might need to pull the radiator out of my Grizzly for a good cleaning or replacement and I tried to get the "hood" off... It seems to just pop up from the rear near the handlebars and I removed the two black push rivets from the front but it still feels like there are some hidden fasteners connected near the front that I can't see. Anyone removed this piece and can tell me what I'm missing before I break something!

Also, what do folks use to clean the exterior fins that get gummed up with dirt/mud that won't eat the aluminum up?

Thanks, Jeff
I just pressure wash my radiator fins from a safe distance until i see clear water running out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
go to a HVAC supply house and get air conditioner cleaner, it comes as a concentrate and will get your radiator looking brand new..

·
Registered
307 Posts
I couldnt get it off either, tried yanking, pulling and tugging it in every direction...

didnt think to look in the manual.

·
Registered
307 Posts
From the manual it only looks like those two retaining push clips hold it, I must not have been doing it right either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts