Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the starter in my grizzly 660, due to it not starting when I tried, it is now replaced but nothing has changed, what else could it be? When I turn the key and it the starter button, absolutely nothing happens?

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Check for low voltage, probably a weak ground.

Reactions: Billdavis

·
Registered
66 Posts
I replaced the starter in my grizzly 660, due to it not starting when I tried, it is now replaced but nothing has changed, what else could it be? When I turn the key and it the starter button, absolutely nothing happens?
Put a test light to the starter cable from battery,check all connections to be secure ,check wires for path disruption,check switch ,if it checks out you still have a bad starter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Test the power after the starter relay as well when you push the starter button. Won't hurt to tap the relay a few times and try starting it again. I've had to smack the starter solenoid on an old outboard, old tractor, etc.. sometimes they get stuck or have worn contacts inside.

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts
Check main fuse.
Ground wire attached to starter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Buy a voltage meter and learn how to use it . Your problem is not the starter it could be a dead battery a blown fuse a bad connection a bad solenoid. Or the push button may to be making contact . Check for voltage at the solenoid if you have 12 volts on the battery side jump the solenoid and see if it starts . First turn the key to on . If your dash lights don’t work it’s probably the fuse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts