Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Replacement windshield

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Cgreencorn1 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I’m looking at replacing or modifying the windshield on the fearing only due to excessive scratches and poor visibility. I can replace the entire fearing (400$) but there plastic is still good and no damage.

Is it possible to cut the plastic down? Its very flexible. Its much to high for me as I’m the second owner and the original owner was much taller then me and looked over it, where it’s directly in my line of site.
Thanks
Chris
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Tread

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks like a VIP-AIR fairing windshield, you can buy just the replacement windshield for that fairing for like 60 bucks.

#5 ·
Even if its factory Yamaha you should be able to get a replacement windshield

#7 ·
Yep.. stealers like to talk you into buying something you don't really need, cutting your windshield if that works for you that's great, what part of the Island are you from?

#9 ·
Yep, I know where that is, I was born and raised on PEI, little farther west than Wellington, Always nice to talk to a fellow Islander.

#10 ·
yes it is nice to talk to other islanders. Did you ever get over on the trails here? Me and my wife would like to go either to NS or NB sometime to explore. This is a new to us hobby and we are enjoying it. Find it difficult to get out as we have young kids and only one machine. Maybe another in the future is we continue going.

I managed to cut windshield down it’s a lot better, I’ll post a picture.

#12 ·
I was to a rally in the eastern end of the Island a few years ago, but never up west, may go some time, would love to snowmobile the Confederation trail though, I have friends from up in the western end of the Island that come over every fall to come wheeling with me on the trails here, 12 or 13 wheelers every year, they just love the trails here, we all have a great time with lots of laughs, this year being our 10th year they sadly had to cancel because of this covid racket ramping up again, we were set to go on the 22th of this month, if you ever want to go wheeling in NS drop me a line, be more than happy to take you around, the wind shield looks good, like your fuel packs also, nice set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.