Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the reserve fuel on my 14 Kodiak. On mine I have to turn fuel selector from Off to On to Reserve. I know gas goes bad after awhile,, so my question is how does a person use the Reserve fuel before it goes bad? I have figured to just turn it to Reserve and drive it, and maybe hopefully as it goes down the new fuel in the main tank will mix with it and keep it kinda fresh.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't believe there is an issue of the "reserve gas" getting old and going bad. The "reserve" position on the fuel selector gets fuel from the bottom of the tank. The "on" position gets fuel a little higher up in the tank leaving a little gas at the bottom of the tank that can only be accessed by turning the valve to "reserve."

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't believe there is an issue of the "reserve gas" getting old and going bad. The "reserve" position on the fuel selector gets fuel from the bottom of the tank. The "on" position gets fuel a little higher up in the tank leaving a little gas at the bottom of the tank that can only be accessed by turning the valve to "reserve."
thats it exactly. all the gas is mixed together. it is a good idea to run the reserve maybe once a year to make sure no water has settled into the bottom of the tank though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies. This is a great site,, always fast responses to questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts