Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have done a lot of reading and I know they won't fit without spacers.

What I'd like to know is what is the minimum spacer size needed to fit them and does anyone have pics of them mounted on a Grizzly?

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
They should fit without spacers, not sure what you are reading. They are 4/110, with a 5+2 offset. If the price is right, <$200, go for it. Or take your Grizzly with you and bolt them on, make sure they fit, (they will), and then negotiate down.
Aftermarket are only a few more bucks more with a better warranty, however if this is what you like, go for it, you only live once, ha.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Very nice wheels!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They should fit without spacers, not sure what you are reading. They are 4/110, with a 5+2 offset. If the price is right, <$200, go for it. Or take your Grizzly with you and bolt them on, make sure they fit, (they will), and then negotiate down.
Aftermarket are only a few more bucks more with a better warranty, however if this is what you like, go for it, you only live once, ha.
From what most posts say, they won't fit due to the disc brake caliper.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Ah ha, you may be correct. What year is the Rhino? The Grizzly added disc brakes to the rear in 2007 when it went to the 700. My bad, and if the wheels are off of a Rhino with the center wet brake, then they will need a spacer for the rear wheels, not sure how much. My apology.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
From what most posts say, they won't fit due to the disc brake caliper.
Basically the same style of wheels as my SE,
I would have thought they'd bolt up?

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah ha, you may be correct. What year is the Rhino? The Grizzly added disc brakes to the rear in 2007 when it went to the 700. My bad, and if the wheels are off of a Rhino with the center wet brake, then they will need a spacer for the rear wheels, not sure how much. My apology.
Everything I've read actually says the rears fit fine, but the more narrow fronts don't.

I really like the style, but would definitely like some more definitive information before trying to hunt down a set. I'm not a fan of the "busy" looking current wheels, most of which looks like fake multi-piece wheels. Not my thing personally.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Won't be the front's you'll have a problem with since disc on the front have been awhile, at least since my previous '04 Grizzly. The rears will be your problem, since the rear wheels off of my '04 did not fit the '13.
I agree with you on the busy look. I added the Douglas Wheel and Tires to the Grizz, not as good as the old ITP C4 or C5 series that I keep as spares. However they are holding up to beating I give them.

Attachments

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,078 Posts
I run those exact wheels on my '07 700 Grizzly. I do run 1" spacers with them and do notice a very mild rub on the calipers, front and rear IIRC. 1 1/2" spacers would probably avoid any rub but honestly, the rub I've got with the 1" spacers is not a big deal at all. I've been running those wheels and spacer combo for over 3 years now and abuse the crap out of them. Those are very strong wheels!

If you can get them for a good price, go for it so long as you're OK with running spacers. The attached picture is with 26x9/12 F and 26x12/12 R BigHorn original skins.

Attachments

Reactions: Logan80

·
Grizzled
4,078 Posts
Basically the same style of wheels as my SE,
I would have thought they'd bolt up?
The Rhino SE wheels are slightly different. If you notice that hole between the spokes on the Grizzly SE wheels create a triangle whereas the Rhino SE wheels don't. The Rhino SE wheels spokes are also very thick aluminum and have held up very well for me.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The Rhino SE wheels are slightly different. If you notice that hole between the spokes on the Grizzly SE wheels create a triangle whereas the Rhino SE wheels don't. The Rhino SE wheels spokes are also very thick aluminum and have held up very well for me.
I saw they were a different style, but didn't realize (Naivly) that their construction was so different. I absolutely love the look of them and would like to find a set of my own as I already have spacers. Also the stronger construction would be a plus compared to my flimsy stock SE wheels.

Do you have any other pictures of your bike with those wheels?

·
Grizzled
4,078 Posts
Here's a couple more

Attachments

Reactions: Logan80 and it400

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hey @RedRocket, look like it was time to break out the winch in the second one! I love the look of those but the 2016 and newer Viking SE wheels have me drooling.

·
Grizzled
4,078 Posts
Hey @RedRocket , look like it was time to break out the winch in the second one!
See the object mounted near the back of my rear storage box? That holds a shovel and that shovel got a bit of a workout. it was a pretty deep "drift" in that area, got myself stuck pretty good but ultimately got freed up using only the shovel. Oh yeah, I wasn't the only one who got stuck bad right there. Someone else got a nice Grizzly stuck there too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts