Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yamaha Rhino 700 side by side. When I go to start it as long as the key has the starter engaged it sounds like it is gonna run great. But as soon as I let off the key it quits. And underneath by the battery is a large square fuse looking box that clicks. It doesn't click it has a short arcing sound. Can anyone give me an idea of what I need to do to get this problem fixed. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,525 Posts
Hey..stevenslc..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.
This forum or the rhino for will work for you. Basically the same electrical system. Clean and inspect all the wires from the battery to the starter.
I would replace the starter relay it maybe just a loose wire but arcing is never good.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Another option, try hotrodforums as well. I believe the forum was created by James @ JBS Performance & he is a wizard with anything rhino. It was called hotrodrhino, but had a name change some time ago. Good luck with your rhino issue !!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'd have the battery load tested and clean all cables first. Often it can sound like it's turning over fast but in reality it's not enough.

You can jump power from the 2 heavy cables on the relay (key on, kill switch to run) to test it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts