Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,299 Posts
If you want to show the video, you'll need to upload it to something like youtube, vimeo or another site that hosts videos. Then provide the link to the video here.

And no doubt in my mind Ridgway would help with towing out a polaris or any other OHV.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
>:)
I've been waiting for Policy Peddler to have time for this thread.
We got to the top of Hurricane Pass for a look at the end of the day, and there was some kind of big 4 seat 1000 popo sitting there with a hole in the radiator. The wife was walking the mountain waving her phone to find a signal so.......
The beginning of this great event was to get a call from PP for a ride. I went and borrowed the widow-maker, topped of the tank and we met in town for the ride up to Ironton Park at the base of the Cork Screw Gulch. After a few hours cruising reaching just over 13,200 ft. we stumbled onto the 1000 and got out the hook. After making sure to ask PP for pictures the pull started.
The popo was about 30 yards short of the top of Hurricane, so in diff. lock we headed for Ironton Park.
Maybe a few pictures can be posted while waiting on the video.​

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
An no pics yet so i assume "it didnt happen" lol

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
An no pics yet so i assume "it didnt happen" lol
Keep an eye on this space......
I got a call from PP to ride this weekend, he is camped on plateau and if he makes it back to town he'll get this going again.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
If you want, try e-mailing it to me and I'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Ridgway knows the protocol, no pic, didn’t happen.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
This is like the old days, waiting on WalMart to process the film :)
Oh, it happened. Have you ever seen a Grizz 550 towing a 4 seat XP 1000 from Hurricane to Cork Screw doing 20 to 30 m.p.h.?
Remember I have a witness, just waiting on the pics and I didn't start this thread :)

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,512 Posts
I'm certain that's not the first popo to be towed by a Griz!! haha.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
This is like the old days, waiting on WalMart to process the film :)
Oh, it happened. Have you ever seen a Grizz 550 towing a 4 seat XP 1000 from Hurricane to Cork Screw doing 20 to 30 m.p.h.?
Remember I have a witness, just waiting on the pics and I didn't start this thread :)
Shoot Ridgway my lawnmower could pull a rzr the majority of the route from hurricane to ironton Park. It’s almost all down hill, the only up hill section is the climb on the east side of corkscrew!

Can’t wait to see the video!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get messages required permission not granted resorting to file picker. Ridgway I do not have you email address. If you go on YouTube and search for ridgway tows Polaris it will pull it up.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
It did happen we see the proof

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
Shoot Ridgway my lawnmower could pull a rzr the majority of the route from hurricane to ironton Park. It’s almost all down hill, the only up hill section is the climb on the east side of corkscrew!

Can’t wait to see the video!
:wink2:
You're right, most of it was down hill. But when I hooked him up it was a dead pull uphill to get him moving. That video is short, maybe we'll get to see the one with dust trailing the grizz hauling ass in diff lock. Oh, the grizz get him up cork Screw several hundred yards due to the high speed momentum coming down Hurricane, then I got behind a jeep crawling along which kill the momentum and the grizz spun out after a couple hundred more yards after passing the jeep.
The rest of the story is;
just short of the crapper on the east side of Cork Screw I spun out, so let the jeep catch up and take over the pulling. They got to the top of Cork Screw and started down, and the jeep driver pulled too fast causing the popo to be on the brakes too much. The popo ran into the back of the jeep without brakes, so that was it. It was getting dark to we left the popo at the west side crapper, got the people to their truck at Ironton, and back to town. Then they took their truck and trailer up the next morning.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
:wink2:
You're right, most of it was down hill. But when I hooked him up it was a dead pull uphill to get him moving. That video is short, maybe we'll get to see the one with dust trailing the grizz hauling ass in diff lock. Oh, the grizz get him up cork Screw several hundred yards due to the high speed momentum coming down Hurricane, then I got behind a jeep crawling along which kill the momentum and the grizz spun out after a couple hundred more yards after passing the jeep.
The rest of the story is;
just short of the crapper on the east side of Cork Screw I spun out, so let the jeep catch up and take over the pulling. They got to the top of Cork Screw and started down, and the jeep driver pulled too fast causing the popo to be on the brakes too much. The popo ran into the back of the jeep without brakes, so that was it. It was getting dark to we left the popo at the west side crapper, got the people to their truck at Ironton, and back to town. Then they took their truck and trailer up the next morning.
Doesn't surprise me they got their brakes hot. I really had to watch my brakes coming down Hurricane to Gladstone. My Ranger Crew doesn't have engine braking (not a problem 99% of the time) but on the steep smoother passes you can get yourself in trouble really quickly if you build to much speed. I had to ride my brakes down the passes which builds heat. As long as I kept the speed slow it wasn't a problem. Its amazing to me more people aren't hurt or killed with as many inexperienced riders and drivers you encounter out there.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
There are a lot of people hurt/killed on these machines. They don't know if the tires slide the fly weights collapse and to hit the gas gas to re-engage the back-shift.
With this guy, I would get going and let him bump the brakes on the rock steps so I would feel the strap. On the smooth parts I used a speed to keep the strap tight.
The guy in the jeep didn't know and drug them until it was too late.
If the guy would have trusted me, I would have started him down toward Silverton, and take his wife to their truck for her to drive around the highway. They were from the big city and didn't seem to trust being apart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts