Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this way pretty cool.

I see 2 problems with this camera for Ridgway.

1. Since Ridgway owns a green grizzly he may just be to fast for this thing.
2. I don't see a way for Jim to narrate his adventures.

Enjoy the link below.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/embed/4vGcH0Bk3hg?rel=0[/ame]

·
Registered
678 Posts
That is very cool. Wonder if it has any type of avoidance features to prevent it from hitting things?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to there website and looked a little more at the specs. It doesn't have any sort of crash avoidance but it follows where you go so, if you avoid an obstacle I'm sure it will too. But it will go 25 mph.
I also may have edit reason #2 that Ridgway won't buy it. It looks like that on the tracking device you wear on your wrist, their is some sort of microphone.

·
Premium Member
10,156 Posts
Thanks for thinking of me :)
I've seen this before and thought about trees too.
It would be fun to put it through its paces, like doing a doughnut or a fast 180 and watch it try to keep up. It would be like a cat chasing a laser light across the floor.
As for the voice recording, strap the transmitter to the face guard on the helmet.
You have to know the 20 minute battery charge is best case, so does it set itself down or crash?
Then for the big question, will it fly at 13,000 ft. in thin air.
I would start next to Como Lake with 3 doughnuts and head up to California Pass at 30 mph with a power slide around the switch back turn and see how long it took to meet me there.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think wind would be a major factor in the mountains. But the ability to have a camera 50 ft above you to be able show people the places we go would be spectacular. Digital camera's and go pro's are great, but this would be at a whole other level.

·
Premium Member
10,156 Posts
You'd want full coverage replacement insurance on it for the first year. Then overnight shipping for all the replacements. Never know when you'll get to close to a duck blind.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I'm not sure I could ever have the nerve to just toss it over a bridge though! :shocked: :rofl:

·
Registered
78 Posts
The air is awful thin 12000 feet better get the turbo charged mode or you are asking for trouble :)

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
This gizmo probably requires a FAA certificate as a drone, therefore will require additional answers on applications as to where said drone thingy will be flown with specific time of day, longitude and latitude along with who, what, when, where, why, and how? I don't see this as a good investment, not to mention Trees and short battery life. Some things just don't need to be recorded except for the minds eye of those who experience them. I suspect Ridgway is done with paperwork and only wants to ride these days before the snow falls.
I know, this post is worthless without pictures....it's all good, ha.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
There were a few people around these parts that thought it was cool to fly their drone camera thingys over the back 40 this summer and creep in the yards... well so far the neighborhood is 4 for 7 on them with the 410 shotgun. Police told us we were NOT allowed to shoot them unless they were over our personal property

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
If it's flying at 25mph and you can reach it with a 410 then it is close enough to call it even or maybe you pulled the trigger a second or two early.
I'd prefer nothing follow me at all though, ha.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know in our area something like this wouldn't last long. Of course they wouldn't shoot it with a 4-10. More like a 300 win mag

·
Premium Member
10,156 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts