Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two "do not miss" items:

A hike up to Black Mountain Lookout. The views are incredible! Elevation of 9500'.

Trail #430. It runs north from Tie Flume all the way up to Hwy 14. It is limited to 50", and is slow traveling but tons of fun with beautiful views along the way.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Thanks for the great pic's.
We have a group headed out there next month. Riding in Nemo for a week then on to Burgess area for a week.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Great pictures! Post any more if you have them. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did you make it past Twin Lakes and ride any of the 50" trails around Little Goose Peak? Or make it to cedar mt, sunlight mesa, Horse creek mesa or Hunt mt area? Any other trails that are dead ends that are must see?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you make it past Twin Lakes and ride any of the 50" trails around Little Goose Peak? Or make it to cedar mt, sunlight mesa, Horse creek mesa or Hunt mt area? Any other trails that are dead ends that are must see?
We hung out around around the Tie Flume area and just rode the trails close to there. I rode several of the trails more than once. I had the wife along and we rode double, which we both like to do, but we don't venture too far away from the camp when we do that.

I'll definitely boondock camp the next time. The cost of staying in a campground, such as Tie Flume or Dead Swede, is $18 a night and the only thing you really gain is a picnic table and fire ring. It seemed like every place you went you had makeshift fire rings made out of rocks. There are just so many places to pull in and camp for free.

·
Registered
705 Posts
How many days did you ride?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wife and I were out there 7/14-7/31 our 11th trip out there to ride. Just shy of 1100 miles ridden which is about avg. for us. AWESOME trails and scenery although its getting a lot more use compared to when we started going out in 2007. We usually boondock up around Freeze Out which is about 15 miles north of Burgess. Started going out there hunting in 1990. I think here only been 4 years that I haven't went out to either hunt or ride since. I know just about ever mile marker on I-90 personally. Its where there gonna leave my ashes eventually :laugh:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is nice, I plan on retiring at the end of the year so when I go again it will be for a much longer period. I can see it becoming an annual thing.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Wife and I were out there 7/14-7/31 our 11th trip out there to ride. Just shy of 1100 miles ridden which is about avg. for us. AWESOME trails and scenery although its getting a lot more use compared to when we started going out in 2007. We usually boondock up around Freeze Out which is about 15 miles north of Burgess. Started going out there hunting in 1990. I think here only been 4 years that I haven't went out to either hunt or ride since. I know just about ever mile marker on I-90 personally. Its where there gonna leave my ashes eventually :laugh:
Did you take this rig out there?

How you guys been? Well I hope.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great pictures, beautiful place indeed! I'm travelling in Bavaria for a while, here's a picture of me resting after a ride by the lake :) It's such a great place for camping and there a lot of great tracks to ride. It's a very good place for relaxing, riding, hiking and enjoying nature. I can't say the same thing for the city, though. Our camping place is close to Munich but I found it pretty boring.. However my wife keeps on insisting that it could be good investment to buy a house in Bavaria so before we return back we have to spend some time in the town as well.. After spending two weeks in this beautiful place it's gonna be a total bummer to deal with all these real estate stuff.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reo, yes we did take the big yellow truck!
I seen that satellite pic earlier this summer when I was scanning the area for trails and campsites :laugh:
Were doing good and will be up in your area come end of Sept. for a fall ride.
When are you headed out to WY ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
We are leaving Sept 7th for The Black Hills for a week then on to The Big Horn for a week.
One of our seasonal campers will be running the show while we are gone.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
@mroldstyle We haven't been to the BH's before do have any must ride trials to recommend.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Wait a minute stop the the whole forum Did REO buy a new ATV? Welcome back from the 708. Does this mean we will have matching machines? See you on the 7th!
Nothing wrong with my 16 Kodi just wanted one that would match yours and not Gail's.
And I won't be putting my trail pass on the wrong machine again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wait a minute stop the the whole forum Did REO buy a new ATV? Welcome back from the 708. Does this mean we will have matching machines? See you on the 7th!
We will have to take off his Kodiak stickers and replace with the word Bud Light, looks like the same color blue. Back to the littering thing...

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
PM back at ya

1 - 20 of 21 Posts