Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming down my driveway went to turn but was gonna miss the turn so I hit the brakes and it threw me off and flipped and landed back on the wheels and now it just turns over but won’t crank , any suggestions on what to do there is no damage to the four wheeler besides the back rack is bent down but nothing to affect the motor

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'll do normal trouble shooting to isolate the problem, is it electrical or gas related
1. check spark plug to see if you have spark, if spark is Ok you might have issues with the gas not coming to the engine for some reason
I would also look and try to understand what the oil did when the machine was turned over. It probably got all over the chamber.
move the engine piston manually a few times to allow the oil to go back.
My 2 cents... I'm not saying I'm an expert, but its probably what I'll do in a similar situation

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Glad you wasn't seriously hurt , sounds like the carb flooded check the plug to make sure it isn't fouled out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Grizzly_2015's ideas sound pretty good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Grizzly_2015. There maybe little to no cosmetic damage to the wheeler on the outside but the motor may need some attention. Try pulling it over slowly to make sure everything is freed up internally. Then make sure it can still shift into all of the ranges. There maybe some things I'm missing but that is what I would start with if I were in your shoes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
it will prob be spark or fuel nothing huge if it only rolled over like that.

Drain the bowl . check the air box too. pull the plug turn it over first without any plug incase gas flys out, if your cylinder is flooded with gas it will blow it out if that happens give it time to dry out and put the plug back in .

if the cylinder is empty and its turning over check the plug spark.

Put the plug back in.. that should at least clear out the fuel system as well.
If no spark trace it back.. maybe a ground come loose etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts