Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Rox website, Grizzly 700/550 package is on sale for $165.00. 2015 models and older. :banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
914 Posts
That's a great deal! If you've been on the fence about doing this mod - do it! You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
275 Posts
On the Rox website, Grizzly 700/550 package is on sale for $165.00. 2015 models and older. :banana::banana::banana:
I got mine for $165. The sale price was the final push for me to do it. I do like them better than the stock bars.

Reactions: PA. GRIZZLY

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the factory brake lines, cables and electrical long enough for these risers? Any modifications needed?
Everything fits, no mods needed.

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
So what is the advantage? I am 6' 1" when I stand up straight

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
There are two main advantages. First, the bars are straighter, so your fists aren't pointed outward when your riding - this is even more important if you stand up at all when you are riding. I also think the bars are a little wider (can't remember that for sure though).

Second, it allows you to place the bars/grips about 1" higher and 1" back, which makes a much bigger different than you would think.

Reactions: Sugarfoot

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
its funny how opinions change when you become familiar with something, one of the reasons i wasnt interested in the grizzly a while back, was because i couldnt get past the handel bars, i thought they were too tall, and looked funny..... then i seen the aftermarket set ups, and i got the noticing, daaaayum, once u get rid of those silly grizzly bars and put on a after market set it totally changes the look of the bike, so then i got very interested in the grizzly with thoughts that an after market set of bars would be my very first purchase....... fast forward to the night i walked into my garage for the first time and seen my grizzly.... i actually like the regular grizzly bars i dont think it takes away from the look at all, and they dont seem to sweep up as high as they use to or something, i still love the look of the after market ones and if i ever did switch them up if would just be for a change of scenery or for a bit more functionality, But i no longer feel i have to change the bars to make it look good

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I prefer the look of the stock bars by quite a bit. But if something makes you a better rider, and more comfortable, I don't care what it looks like. $165 is a good price, id I had the money this second they'd be in their way!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I like my stock Ape Hangers on the Grizz, but then again I'm a Harley guy also.:icon_ goofy:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I hated the look and feel of the stock bars on my 12 , going to Roxx Risers and bars I found it much better I'd have them on my 16 if they would fit .

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Are the stock bars on the 16 in about the same position as 15 & earlier?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Are the stock bars on the 16 in about the same position as 15 & earlier?

That's tough for me to answer as it's been years since I sat on a machine with stock bars other than my 16 . But one would think they'd be close to the same . If it was not for that 3rd light those blue bars would be on my 16 .

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
So I take it they aren't as good as the rox setup, which is probably what i should have asked

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So I take it they aren't as good as the rox setup, which is probably what i should have asked

YA I'd give up that 3rd light to have my Roxx set up back , I don't need or use that light .

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Out of stock! SOB!

I do have a chance to do the setup, but with steel 7/8 fly bars for cheap. Anybody have thoughts on that?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Out of stock! SOB!

I do have a chance to do the setup, but with steel 7/8 fly bars for cheap. Anybody have thoughts on that?
Bummer man. I'm going off subject here, but did you have to create a new account or something? I saw your name earlier as a guest.

Reactions: whiskeymike

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Yes, my account mysteriously vanished. CoToMo (I think that's right) had the same happen. Maybe even some more I thought I heard. So I stated a new account with the same username.

It all worked out good, I ordered gunmetal aero bars ($60) and black 5"risers for ($92). I think the gunmetal aero will look great with the matte silver. I may powdercoat the risers. I'll make the switch plate, I need one bigger than the one rox offers anyway. If these for work with my snorkels they will be for sale.

For anyone on a budget, rox has some old style (new) risers for $49.99 OBO, and you could get 7/8 aluminum fly bars ($38) or fly steel bars ($20) the crossbar would likely block the view of the speedo sitting down (thanks BDSNJ for the info on that) but for $70 at the most that's a minor inconvenience. After some research on bars I would only run the 7/8 aluminum for easy trail riding. These prices are all new items on ebay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts