Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I installed my ROX/Fly bar set today.

1. The 1st pic is of the "stupid" tabs I talked about in another
post.

2. Pic is of a pinched wire I found. Don't let that happen.

3. Pic of position of the risers. Notice that I forgot the dash plate? Don't do that. You have to backtrack a little when you do that.:icon_ goofy:

4. Everything in position. Notice: I still hadn't figured out that I'd forgotten to install the plate.
:icon_ laughup::icon_ laughup::icon_ laughup:

5. ODI clamp on grips. Be sure to leave a little space for the end cap.

6. End cap installed. I used a flat tip to spread the clamp open just enough to snap it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7. Tighten everything on the bars up, then take care of the controls. Side view and front view pics.

8. I used Velcro to keep my lines together. We'll see if it work or not pretty soon.

9. Install the pad.

10. Optional- Randomly place ROX stickers on ATV, cooler, tool box, etc.....

The guys who turned me to the ROX riser set were right. The adjustability is great and I do like the sweep of the bars. Pretty comfortable. We will see how they do at Haspin Acres on Black Friday. Should be a good time!

Anyways, that was my Sunday fun! :happy:

Attachments

Reactions: PA. GRIZZLY

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Looks good, make sure you check and make sure you still have play in your throttle, with the machine running move your handle bars all the way to the left and right to make sure the throttle doesn't change rpm, if it does move slightly forward until it stops.

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Yes, PA is right about the sharp turning and making sure turning doesn't cause unwanted throttle input.

Glad you like the set but the bigger test will be out riding with it.

Reactions: Sugarfoot

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks good, make sure you check and make sure you still have play in your throttle, with the machine running move your handle bars all the way to the left and right to make sure the throttle doesn't change rpm, if it does move slightly forward until it stops.
Already done! I forgot to put that in the steps. Thanks!

Haspin will be the test. That place is hilly, muddy, rocky, and tree rooted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts