Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I bought this 07 grizzly 700 eps. Got somebody to pick it up for me. Long story short I went for a few rides and later decided to take a little look around the bike and noticed the frame is completely rusted out on my bike, I was not expecting this from a relatively modern bike. I had a 91 big bear 350 that had a rusted spot on the frame but that had no comparison to my grizzly. My whole bottom a arm mount is rusted and cracked almost completely off. Is this a common thing with the grizzlies? I'm wondering if it's worth it to fix or just scrap the bike, other side is cracked as well...

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
No it is not commun.... Best bet is replace the frame

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
X-2 on not common....
The P.O. may have hit something hard and bent the frame, cracking the paint for the rust to start.

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,026 Posts
Is the frame not worth trying to have it welded? As Ridgway mentioned, you would want to make sure it wasn't bent, out of square first.

A Grizzly frame that is rusted badly with cracks probably wasn't cared for like it should have been. There have been mentions, from time to time, of those who get a new or new to them frame, and swap everything over on it. I don't recall ever reading of those frame swaps where someone mentioned they would never consider doing it again. I've never done it but if faced with the decision of no Grizzly or doing a frame swap, no brainer that I'd do the frame swap. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Just a a arm bad? Or the mount area, I would do a thorough frame inspection and fsee If can be safely welded up or cut out and replace bad areas, while I have a mig welder, I am not the frame fab guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts