Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post without a grizzly here. I currently have a 2013 rzr s 800 that it seems like I spend more time working on than riding. Therefore I'm looking at selling it to get a new 16 grizz eps. I am a rather aggressive trail rider and would use it to plow and work also. On occasion the ol lady will go out with me. I'll say that I have had many quads before this but I need some help convincing myself to make the switch. Has anyone on here went back to a quad after a sxs?

·
Premium Member
10,158 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I rode in a SxS twice, the second time to confirm the first experience.
I don't know if that counts, but I like the A.V.T. experience much better, and when the G.F. rides along that is great too.
The '16' grizzlys reports are good and confirm reliable like other year models, but make damn sure you check it over as there have been reports of dealers not properly preparing the machines before delivery.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Welcome,

You will get conflicting info regarding the sxs to atv. Since you even thought about going back to an atv, I would say there is a good chance you miss it. Can't go wrong with a Yamaha whether it's a wolverine, grizzly, or in between.

There are good dealers out there but to be safe I don't trust any of them regardless what they sell. You don't need them for anything once your here anyway.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been thinking about it for some time. And have always liked yamaha's machines from dirt bikes and sport quads but never had a yamaha utility. Several of my friends have grizzlys and love them and I have taken a ride a few times. When I walked into the dealer the other day I was in love with the 2016. I am just simply tired of wrenching on my rzr just as much if not more than I ride it

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Welcome,

You will get conflicting info regarding the sxs to atv. Since you even thought about going back to an atv, I would say there is a good chance you miss it. Can't go wrong with a Yamaha whether it's a wolverine, grizzly, or in between.

There are good dealers out there but to be safe I don't trust any of them regardless what they sell. You don't need them for anything once your here anyway.
X-2 on what WM said and welcome to GC. Personally I would say Grizzly, but if Pa. state forest lands would open to the width of the Wolvy I might be tempted so I could take the grand children with.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yoder,
I'm in the exact same boat... Had my 2012 Commander SOLD last week for my asking price... Had it on Craigslist, but right before the guy came to pick it up, I backed out. I just couldn't let it go!! Haha...

I had a Grizzly prior to the Commander and loved it, but I got an AWESOME deal on the Commander and couldn't pass it up. Then the '16s came out and I got the Grizzly bug again. They look good for sure and the durability is great...but my kids ride with me from time to time and so does the wife.

Soooo... will end up keeping the Commander and likely wait a year and see if I have the same itch. By that time, the 16's should be cheaper and will have more durability info out there.

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Are you a ride on or ride in type of person?

I would like to own a SxS but no way I want to get rid of the freedom and excitement riding a quad gives me. So, if I do ultimately buy a SxS to bring others along, the Grizz is NOT being sold for when I want to go and have a lot of fun.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I personally have never driven or road in a SxS, so can't really comment how they are. But after a couple rides where there was some, I'm not sold on them just yet. On a side hill, if your on an ATV, if it feels like it's gonna roll, if you have time, you can counter act it. Or the very least jump off out of harms way. But in a SxS, granted you have a roll bar, but have no way of keeping it from going over or what its gonna roll on to. They do look like fun, but for now gonna stick being on top of one rather than inside of one.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Honestly, I had fixed up a chinese rhino and drove it for a summer, then got rid of it and kept on driving my moto4. Wow! That was way more fun than that sxs even though it was less powerful, I never knew driving a four wheeler would be that much fun after driving a sxs. You feel 10x more in control on an atv. The only thing I miss of the sxs was storage/the extra person compartment. Take a test drive. The grizz will be great for working/plowing. I use mine for work half of the time and play the other half and it works just fine. I think you will like the grizz.:lala:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in this exact situation this summer. Had a rzr s that broke down every single ride, and just couldnt take it anymore. Sold it and bought a 16 kodiak.Best part Im not breaking down cause of junk polaris parts now. You know all about that Im sure. My wife loves it for yard work and riding our 2 dogs round the yard. Ive used it to haul firewood all summer, its a workhorse. I will say I wish I got the grizzly. I went on two riding trips this summer with it and was let down big time with the suspension and lack of bottom end power. I know its not a sport quad but still a lil dissapointed. Ive raced motocross for 25 years so riding the quad in trails is way more fun to me than sitting in the sxs. I say get ride of the junk rzr and get the nice grizzly. Im much happier I did.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
A friend had a 2012 rxr 570. I towed him home at least 3 times. He drove it 20 miles home with the CVT stuck in what I will call 4th gear. He was sick of it and afraid to take it out because of the break down. After only 3000-3500 miles and several thousand in repair. That CVT was 3k alone. Last year he bought a commander 800. It's fast but can't ride the fun trails. No break downs but he doesn't drive it when it's above 70-75° outside. I guess he could bake a cake in the cockpit.
As long as I can get on an ATV that what I'm riding.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Hey..Yoderwagon.. Forgot the Welcome to to GC from Wisconsin..

Where you located

Yoderwagon... is that an Amish Buggy?:happy:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey..Yoderwagon.. Forgot the Welcome to to GC from Wisconsin..

Where you located

Yoderwagon... is that an Amish Buggy?:happy:
In fact the name is due to all the Amish that live around me. I live in ne ohio amongst a very large Amish community. As far of passengers it's just my girlfriend on occasion, I don't have any kids but my dogs probably will be upset with no more rzr rides. I have a crf450r bike so the urge to ride on instead of in is taken care of. Most of this came from I would like to ride more than I work on it and the rzr just dosnt give me that option

Reactions: reogem

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
I was born and raised in Toledo. Move up here in 79
Figured you were in that general area.
I know some Yoders in this area. I think they made a run for it. Yoderwagon that's too funny.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm 2 steps closer to getting a new grizz, payed off the rzr and will have the title in hand soon. As the prices are starting to come down a little bit I'm starting to get excited. But now am wondering if I want a green eps or a LE carbon ? How well does this painted plastic hold up on a quad? My rzr was painted plastic but had fender flares and a cage and bumper that helped it from getting scratched up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well did the same Had a 660 07 sxs for 2yrs sold that got a xt 2 up caned ham Had that sold that Got a 2012 700 grizz Love it but a bad back sold that Got a PoPo SxS What the hell did i do Love the Grizz but yamaha didn't have a SxS that you can take on the trails in NY

·
Registered
900 Posts
But now am wondering if I want a green eps or a LE carbon ?
Green is the fastest! When I needed another machine, I wanted blue and had to step up to a 700 to keep up with my green 550!:rocker:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Green is the fastest! When I needed another machine, I wanted blue and had to step up to a 700 to keep up with my green 550!:rocker:
Good to know about the green :peace: originally I wanted camo but I was worried about it rubbing off and looking yellowish like I've seen

Reactions: whiskeymike

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I find that the camo always looks like the machine is dirty . Two of the neighbors on my street have camo there's no bing just look dull and dirty even when there clean .

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Good to know about the green :peace: originally I wanted camo but I was worried about it rubbing off and looking yellowish like I've seen
In the spot that mine wore (from really bad rubs) it was black underneath, you really had to look to even see it. Not sure when they started using black.

Camo is meant to blend in with dirt and woods so looking dirty is good

1 - 20 of 34 Posts