Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Not to dissuade you, but you do realize spacers moving the tires outward do cause extra stress on the bearings.
No argument from me on that. I just want to widen the stance and stability just a bit.
Good quality 1" billet aluminum spacers are an excellent way to add stability without sacrifising reliablility.

My privious 550 grizz has had a set on for 10 000 hard miles without issues as hundreds of others on this forum.

That said, generally the larger 1.5 and 2" spacers will accelerate wear with hard use.

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo sold 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,608 Posts
Wheel spacer studs jmo r trash stay away i went with sti hd3's on my old grizz and it helped widen the stance

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Wheel spacer studs jmo r trash stay away i went with sti hd3s kn my old grizz and ir help widen the stance
Absolutely no difference in where with spacers versus offset rims You're still moving the mass to the outside The rim is just built in spacer basically. You can't change the laws of physics regardless if it's a spacer or a rim

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Grizzly 700
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good quality 1" billet aluminum spacers are an excellent way to add stability without sacrifising reliablility.

My privious 550 grizz has had a set on for 10 000 hard miles without issues as
hundreds of others on this forum.

That said, generally the larger 1.5 and 2" spacers will accelerate wear with hard use.
Thank you for your input. What company would you recommend for the spacers and longer studs? Last year I received the spacers from a company, built well but no studs. They said use stock studs. Not an option, being that I couldn't thread the lugs on nearly enough.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I put 2 inch spacers on my '00 and I must say that it transformed the quad. I was managing to flip or tip it over nearly every ride. Spacers, and larger wheels, gave it tons of stability that it desperately needed. Taking off all the mesh racks and tools and other crap I had accessorized it with helped some more.

Reactions: Scott Munroe

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank you for your input. What company would you recommend for the spacers and longer studs? Last year I received the spacers from a company, built well but no studs. They said use stock studs. Not an option, being that I couldn't thread the lugs on nearly enough.
I went with... I don't even remember which brand. But my spacers have their own studs, I didn't need to change mine out. Spacers mount to the hub, wheels mount to the spacers.

There's definitely a LOT more steering feedback, but for the slow technical stuff, the machine is more stable.

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
That's usually not the problem, the issue is when you get spacers that are more than one and a quarter inches thick then the holes where your OEM studs are supposed to come through are usually not deep enough for your lug nut to make full contact with the threads. Your rim and OEM lug nuts will bolt to the spacer with zero issues. My 1.5 in spacers were this way. My Kodiak wheel studs don't come out far enough through the spacer to screw the nut on to make full thread contact.

·
Registered
2009 Grizzly 700
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went with... I don't even remember which brand. But my spacers have their own studs, I didn't need to change mine out. Spacers mount to the hub, wheels mount to the spacers.

There's definitely a LOT more steering feedback, but for the slow technical stuff, the machine is more stable.
Thank you, if you happen to remember the company, please give me a shout.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts