Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to replace some parts inside my front diff. i removed the servo motor my question is when i put it back together do i need to (time) the motor w/shift fork or just stick it and be done. any certain position the fork needs to be in ? engaged or not engaged that is the question ? 05 660 grizzly 4x4

·
Vendor
717 Posts
As long as you keep everything the way it was when you took it off you'll be ok. Sounds like you didn't disassemble the servo assembly itself, so you wont need to retime it.

So if you were in 2wd when you pulled it off, you'll want the button in 2wd, the slide gear to the left if you were sitting on the seat and the servo will already be timed to 2wd. Go ahead and bolt it up. If you were in 4wd when you pulled it off, put the slide gear exactly in the middle, and diff lock would be to the right if for some reason you were in diff lock when you pulled it off.

If for some reason you still can't get it timed quite right, just start from scratch. Put the slide gear to the left, button in 2wd, and watch this video to get your servo in 2wd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqdEdRqxS6M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts