Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! On my recently purchased 07 Grizzly 700 EPS, I was having problems shifting into Low and Park, the rest are smooth. I tried adjusting the linkage and finally found the sweet spot where I'm able to shift into all gears reasonably smooth. The only issue now is the neutral light on dash does not come on. It comes on momentarily when shifting into neutral and then comes off, so I know it's not the bulb. Where is the neutral switch located at, perhaps it needs adjustment? Thanks for your help guys!

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Sounds like a little more fine tuning on the adjustment is all you need to make the light come on when it should.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't know about your year and model but on my 02 660 I cleaned the gear position sensor and now the neutral light always comes on when the shifter is in neutral.. It used to be that I had to fiddle around with it for it to come on.

The tiny brass circle is neutral and the others are park, high and low. Reverse is a separate circuit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input guys. I'll try a few more adjustments on the linkage, if that doesn't do it, I'll need to find out where the gear position sensor is on my 07 Grizzly 700 EPS. Will need to get a service manual, always comes in handy for stuff like this...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're absolutely right! Just a little more fine tuning and all gear position lights work now. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts