Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just bought me a 2008 350 "GRIZZ" my question is : is there a clutch ? or do I just put it in gear ? seems that now that it is colder it is hard to shift from forward to reverse, I am assuming that the pedal on the floor on the right side is the brakes am I right on this? does this model just shift hard or am I doing something wrong? one last thing it takes forever to warm up so I can take the chock off is this normal to ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Foot pedal brake on the right. That's rear brake. If there are 2 hand levers, those are both brakes as well.
To shift, press down on rear brake.
Do a favor for yourself and your wife and take an ATV riding course. In some areas of the country this is mandatory for riding on public property anyway.

Reactions: reogem

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes buy a service manual and get on youtube. Very good to get familiar with you machine. My 660 Grizzly you have to press the rear break to shift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Google Yamaha CVT transmission. No clutch, and no gears other than high and low.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
You implied that it wasn’t difficult to shift before it got cold. Correct? A high idle can make it difficult to shift.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Kind of neat to see a BRAND NEW rider on the forum, normally it’s someone who ‘had a Polaris before and saw the light’... Nice friendly reminder of the vastness of the interwebs.

Good luck with your machine, as others said a riding course and owners manual are your best bet - but GC will do it’s best to help!

-Opie

·
Registered
17 Posts
You might have to apply the rear brake a little harder to shift it. It’s automatic so no shifting while moving. Welcome to GC, I’m fairly new here and people are very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts