Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello AllThis is my first post. I recently sold my Honda 450r and now I'm looking to buy a 4x4 for hunting and trail riding. I've ridden 3 and 4 wheelers my whole life but I've never owned a 4x4. I have my eye on a 2012 Grizz with eps. The quad has 1300 miles and comes with plow, winch, after market wheels and tires and passenger seat. The asking price is $6500. I plan on going to look at the quad this week. Is there anything in particular (known issues) that I should be looking for? Price sounds decent as long as everything check out ok. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Where are you located? Location makes a big difference. Around here I'd say the price is about right assuming everything is good. No real major issues to worry about unless it's been abused / neglected. These are pretty tough.

Reactions: Bull53

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in New Jersey. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
There's some members from there, they can give a better answer on the price. Do you have any pictures or any other info on it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some pics, will post them. The current owner is the second owner.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need a couple more posts so I can post pics

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10th post

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pic #1

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pic#2

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pic #3

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic #4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I wouldn't say is a $6500 bike, to me. Tires are pretty worn, it was previously snorkeled, missing skids, and looks like it has a lift. Not surefire signs of a bad bike by any means but definitely things that you should take note of. Take your time looking it over, it's hard to say what is been through. To be fair, a totally stock bike could very easily have been beat on much much worse, and much harder to tell.

The plastics look pretty good from what I can tell besides the holes from the snorkels but it's hard to tell up front with the lights on.

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
What size engine?
E.P.S.?

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Was it snorkeled then the pipes removed?
Check the air box just patched or new? Pull the CVT cover off look for mud. Check the oil and the diffs for water/mud.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was it snorkeled then the pipes removed?
Check the air box just patched or new? Pull the CVT cover off look for mud. Check the oil and the diffs for water/mud.
I'm guessing it was, which is not attractive to me. thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
The bike looks nice if you can get by all the modifications, some still in place and other removed.
My thought is be prepared to work on it if these mods weren't do correctly.
A short test ride may not expose a problem.
The price doesn't seem important just yet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bike looks nice if you can get by all the modifications, some still in place and other removed.
My thought is be prepared to work on it if these mods weren't do correctly.
A short test ride may not expose a problem.
The price doesn't seem important just yet.
Now that I know it was snorkeled at one time, I am turned off. I may go look at it anyway. thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts