Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I should have my EHS Tuner and I'll be installing that and doing the AIS Delete. I installed a K&N already. Should I get a 2R Racing tip? Does it make anything other then noise? Does it get that much louder?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 2R tip is pretty loud.
I have mine installed right now, and switch back and forth between it and the stock tip,
as needed.
Here's a great comparison, on YouTube:

JS

·
Registered
170 Posts
Next week I should have my EHS Tuner and I'll be installing that and doing the AIS Delete. I installed a K&N already. Should I get a 2R Racing tip? Does it make anything other then noise? Does it get that much louder?
Just makes it louder. you can get a good idea just taking off the stock tip and running it shortly to hear how it will sound. It is pretty loud, but easy to switch back and forth as needed.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
It would help airflow , which should help with power (since you added tuner and filter) ,, how much I could not say.. I am sure EHS would know.
The 2R tip is very loud , and I prefer the sound of my Swamp "Quiet Series" much better. If you have the cash , buy the pipe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
why switch it back & forth? I asked the 2R guys and they said it was legal to use on state trails, at least in MN

I just put one on my Griz, the exhaust tone is much "Thumpier" now..kinda cool...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got no regrets switching to a 2r tip. No more put put sounds. Throtier,deeper exhaust note is worth it to me even if theres very minimal power gains

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
My 2R-Tip experience wasn't a good one. My 700 backfired every time I came off the throttle, popped like crazy going down hills and every time I pulled up to talk to a fellow rider, I had to kill the engine because neither of us could hear or be heard. I went right back to stock and never looked back. JMHO

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
I used a "2R" type tip for a while on my 07. It was cheaper to buy that tip with the spark arrestor screen than it was to buy the OEM tip with spark arrestor. My used 07 had the spark arrestor removed and I was not going to ride it that way in the usually dry forests of CO.

I ultimately went ahead and purchased the OEM tip with arrestor and took off the 2R tip. Although the sound the 2R tip produces make the Grizzly sound a lot better, 5 days worth of 8 hour a day rides and the sound really starts to get to you. So much so my head felt like it was going to burst.

Yeah, the OEM tip sounds a lot wimpier but I'm fine with that since now I can ride all day long without me feeling like I was in the 1981 movie Scanners head explosion scene.

Reactions: wgc

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for everyone input. I decided to go with it. I had a Raptor before this with a Monster Pipe exhaust. It was really loud and it didn't bother me. But I like that I can easily reinstall the stock tip and adjust my EFI Tuner when I want to be quiet. Technically I am surprised how loud the Grizzly is in the heavy throttle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, how do you like it?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Lol, my 2R tip came loose on a ride and was hanging by 1 bolt. By the time I noticed it, all my rear fender plastics were melted. Once I get the money, I'll be getting the new titan exhaust (old swap series).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear that about the plastics.

I know I may be in the minority here, but the main reason to keep it stock (or other reasonable aftermarket) is to keep the trails open. We need to fight to keep our trails, as they are dwindling, and excessively loud exhaust is a big culprit. There is exhaust that makes more power than stock, without being stupid loud.

As RedRocket said, even you might get sick of the noise, and likely everyone else already has. It's also a safety issue as you can't hear other vehicles approaching over your own bike. Or maybe a plastic fire!

There's a great South Park ripping Harley riders for loud exhaust, ruining everyone else's time.

If you like it loud, buy a helmet sound system and blast it in your own head so it doesn't bother others and close our trails.

We all enjoy our time in nature, and loud exhaust just worsens the experience for everyone in earshot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No complaints here with my exhaust tip! Not the 2R brand,but almost half the cost. Great improvement to the tone of my Grizz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
Only the Tip!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I am sick of the 2R Tip. It was fun for a minute. If I ever get the funds, Imma get a full exhaust with a titan series muffler. Unlike the deeper sound but damn it's annoyingly loud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts